Monday, October 3, 2011

[2011.10.04] LEE SINJIE IS TRULY DRUNK

courtesy of takungpao.com

The Oxide Pang Shun directed, Angelica Lee Sinjie directed new film SLEEPWALKER 3D (MUNG YAU 3D) will open in November.  This was their first collaboration after their marriage.  The film also changed
from the previous THE EYE (GEIN GWAI) and RECYCLE (GWAI WIK) ghost films to a suspense, which was fully refreshing.  Sinjie in the film played a sleepwalker who suspects that she killed her former husband while sleepwalking.

In one scene Sinjie complained to Calvin Li (Lee Chung Hong) and drank inside a car.  Originally Director Pang Shun only asked Sinjie to play drunk with make up, but Sinjie insisted on drinking to make herself really drunk.  She explained, "Because I basically don't touch a drop of alcohol at all, my tolerance is excessively light.  Pang Shun perhaps doesn't want me to suffer!  Yet after the drunk make up I thought it
didn't look too natural and felt too deliberate; so after discussing it with Pang Shun I decided drinking a little for real would be better."

Initially only planning to drink a little, Sinjie actually downed the entire bottle!  She recalled, "The team knew I didn't drink so they arranged a sweeter wine for me; I wanted to be a little drunk for real to look more realistic and for my performance to be more natural.  Just like this I unknowingly drank too much, finally I downed the entire bottle.  After this scene I immediately asked for a nap.  Next time I don't dare to drink too much, the feeling wasn't too comfortable!"

No comments:

Post a Comment