Friday, October 7, 2011

[2011.10.08] TSUI HARK'S EMOTIONAL AWARD ACCEPTANCE: IT IS A PROMISE

courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of takungpao.com

Tsui Hark, Shi Nansun, Yu Dong two nights ago attended the Busan Film Festival.  Tsui hark at the Film Festival received the Asian Filmmaker Award.  When he accepted the award he thanked Shi Nansun.  "Thank you, today I am very emotional.  Thank you Busan Film Festival for giving me this award.  I have to thank the working partners who have always supported the movies that I made, at the same time I have to thank my long term working partner Shi Nansun.  This award is a promise, I will continue to work hard at making good movies."  He said, "I am very happy, I feel if you can work hard and then someone recognizes your performance, it is absolutely an encouragement and something to be very happy about."

Did this award have any special meaning to him?  Tsui Hark said, "In my process of making movies I make some attempts, to explore some topics, stories and techniques that I feel are worth exploring.  These are all very personal, I don't tell too many people about these.  Because you can't always say that you are studying something but you can talk about it, after you studied it you show some answers to everyone.  Everyone would receive some revelations from these answers.  Seeing how happy other people are, to me, is the most important to the many attempts and topic explorations that I do."

No comments:

Post a Comment