Thursday, October 6, 2011

[2011.10.06] LAW CHUNG HIM "POISONS" CHRISSIE CHAU

courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of takungpao.com

Chrissie Chau Sau Na and Law Chung Him worked together three times.  Although this time they continued to play a couple, but supernatural elements were added for the Patrick Kong (Yip Lim Sum) directed segment in the new film HONG KONG GHOST STORIES (MANG GWAI OI CHING GOO SI).  In it Chrissie and Him Jai hated each other's guts and even wished the other could die sooner.  Chrissie said, "Earlier in MARRIAGE WITH A LIAR (FUN CHIN SI OI) we were to die for, now we are gross to death!"

In the film Him Jai would brutally kill Chrissie.  Despite not lacking violent and bloody scenes, they did not have any abuse scene.  Earlier Him Jai and Theresa Fu Wing were involved in similar violent event.  Was he worried that the past would be brought up again?  Him Jai admitted that he was not because this time he played the villain.  Instead he worried that his performance was not wild or evil enough, as long as he was able to play the character well then he was fine.  Him Jai also revealed that when he took the role he just ran into the incident last month.  Did the director feel he had potential?  Him Jai said, "He wanted me to try playing a villain long ago and asked me to play wilder.  However he also worried that the incident would affect me.  I knew I had to meet his demands even more.  (Were you afraid of the audience typecasting you?)  I didn't mind, because the character was like that.  If everyone still thought I was Mr. Nice Guy afterward, then I would have failed instead and my job would be affected."  Speaking of Fu Wing being suspended while he had job after job, did he feel different strokes for different folks?  Him Jai clarified that she was not suspended but he did not want to comment on the company's internal matter.  As for Fu Wing's public apology, Him Jai said, "That stuff is in the heart!  (Were you more obedient?)  No, I have always respected the company.  (Any contact?)  No.  (Are you friends when you see each other again?)  In the heart!  (Would she show her support?)  I left it for the company to handle."

Chrissie said that this time she did not have any sexy performance but still had a "shocking" photo.  In a scene after her death, the film company shot in a funeral home, her "photo" appeared but she was not on hand.  Friends sent the photo to her.  Chrissie said, "After seeing it I had chills in my heart and immediately erased it, but they sent it back to me.  The director didn't give me any laisee, luckily I asked for one later.  (Would you show your boyfriend?)  No, when I sleep next to him he might get scared."  Chrissie also said that she would show up in an ugly appearance and hoped that everyone would be scared to see her again after seeing the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment