Thursday, October 6, 2011

[2011.10.06] OSMAN HUNG IS NOT WORRIED ABOUT BEING TYPECAST

courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of takungpao.com

The Scud (Wan Cheung) directed passion film LOVE ACTUALLY SUCKS (OI HUNG LAN) two nights ago held an AIDS charity premiere party at the W Hotel.  The cast including Osman Hung Chi Kit, Winnie Leung Man Yi, Leung Cheuk Hei and Byron Pang Koon Kei attended.

LOVE ACTUALLY SUCKS has many passionate scenes, many more needed to be cut or blurred out because they did not pass Hong Kong film inspection standards.  Osman expressed disappointment and said, "In one scene a brother and a sister were making love.  The entire scene was blurred out.  Maybe because morality awareness it is ultimately harder for Chinese people to understand.  I have seen the complete version but Hong Kong won't be able to.  I accept such a topic."  Osman said that he was not worried about being typecast as a category III film actor.  He said, "I know a category III actor who can return to normal performance."  Osman said that he invited EO2 members to watch but they could not attend due to scheduling conflicts.  Osman said, "Eric had a death in the family, the other two have to work.  I notified my family, Mommy is very supportive.  For art it's not a big deal."

Leung Man Yi did not have the most extreme performance in the film.  She said, "The guys' performances were the most extreme.  If I have to do what that guy performed, I believe I can't accept it either.  I am not discrimination, I even admire him a lot.  I just can't accept a performance that is that extreme."  Speaking of the important passion scenes being blurred out, Leung Man Yi thought it was quite a waste.  If the actors have the courage to perform but in the end they could not be shown, it was truly regrettable.  She said, "Hong Kong and Taiwan have restrictions.  What foreigners feel is acceptable may not be able to pass Hong Kong film inspection."

No comments:

Post a Comment