Thursday, November 17, 2011

[2011.11.18] ZHOU XUN REVEALS EMBARRASSING MOMENTS

courtesy of takungpao.com

In order to make China's first 3D wu xia film FLYING SWORDS OF THE DRAGON GATE (LUNG MOON FEI GAP), director Tsui Hark arranged for the cast Zhou Xun, Chen Kun, Kwai Lun-Mei, Mavis Fan Hiu Huen, Chris Lee Yuchun and others to take over half a year of martial art training.  Jet Li (Lee Nin Kit) and action director Corey Yuen Kwai worked together to create an uniuqe "Flying Sword Fighting Force".

Zhou Xun recalled the days of the shoot and was impressed with herself.  "Without those eight movies of martial art training, I think I really couldn't fight."  Yet speaking of the multiple layers of costumes, Zhou Xun revealed something embarrassing.  "Usually the crew helped me with my costume, but for one scene Master (Tsui Hark) asked me to remove layer after layer of clothing without any care then put them back on again.  I was in trouble, how would I remember the order?  I could only ask the wardrobe team to teach me how to remove that multiple layer costume.  I still had to remember my lines!  It was very awkward."  During the entire special training, Fan Hiu Huen admitted that she benefited a lot; even thanked to director Tsui Hark's arrangement she returned to someone who was healthy both inside and outside.  She seriously said, "I basically am someone who des zero exercise, and I don't sleep until the morning.  Yet after over half a year of special training my entire life habit was structured anew.  Now I am used to early to bed and early to rise, and I fell in love with exercising.  Even my friends can't believe how healthy I am and everyone jokes that I finally re-evaluated myself and live anew, ha ha......"

No comments:

Post a Comment