Friday, June 7, 2013

[2013.06.08] JUST FOR FUN: JACKIE CHAN IMMORTALIZES HIS NOSE IN HOLLYWOOD

Jackie Chan brings two pandas with him to promote Chinese culture

Chris Tucker and Jaden Smith congratulate Jackie Chan
Jackie Chan's nose print (circled)
courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com

courtesy of mingpao.com

International superstar Jackie Chan on the 6th appeared in TCL Chinese Theater in Los Angeles for a hand print ceremony as he became the second Chinese artist to be honored in the theater square after famous director John Woo (Ng Yu Sum). Jackie Chan appeared with his RUSH HOUR co-star Chris Tucker and Will Smith's son Jaden Smith.

Jackie Chan first received a certificate then began the hand print ceremony. He not only left his hand and foot prints but also the "Jackie Chan nose" in a push up like stance.

Although afterward he had cement on his nose and mouth, Jackie Chan appeared to be very happy. He said, "20 years ago when I saw someone else's hand print ceremony, I said to myself I definitely had to work hard and leave something in Hollywood." Finally Jackie Chan wrote his English name, love and peace on the cement, which will be preserved inside the theater.

After the ceremony, Jackie Chan could not wait to post his photos online to share the joy with his fans. He said, "Today I came up a very interesting idea, taking off my shoes and wearing the socks that I designed for foot prints. Even more surprising to me were my good friend Chris Tucker and my disciple Jaden Smith as well as many good friends who appeared on the stage and supported me. I was very happy to see them. Here I have to thank viewers who like movies, the media, my good friends and my fans around the world. Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment