Monday, June 17, 2013

[2013.06.18] ANDY LAU OVERESTIMATES HIMSELF

Andy Lau hopes viewers will keep SWITCH and BLIND DETECTIVE separate
courtesy of mingpao.com

Andy Lau Tak Wa two days ago promoted the film BLIND DETECTIVE (MAN TAM) with Sammi Cheng Sau Man and director Johnnie To Kei Fung at the Shanghai International Film Festival. Although BLIND DETECTIVE had decent response from its Cannes Film Festival screening, the recently released SWITCH (TIN GEI FU CHUN SHAN GUI TOH) was just the opposite. Many online slammed it as a rotten film. Wa Jai was asked about SWITCH's tidal wave of poor reviews and felt very awkward. He smiled and replied, "I have a lot of flaws, film selection is one of them. I am the type of person who overestimates my own vision, thinking that many movie in my hands would become good. Next time I will perform a little better, sorry, sorry!"

Wa Jai said that he would learn from his failure and hoped that individual cases would not affect BLIND DETECTIVE's box office. "I felt sorry, I hoped everyone would keep them separate. I performed in SWITCH, which had nothing to do with other people or movies. I don't know how much of an impact it will have, which is something that I have no way to think of." To Kei Fung joked, "He always after making a few good movies runs into a rotten film."

No comments:

Post a Comment