Thursday, June 27, 2013

[2013.06.28] ANDY LAU AND SAMMI CHENG REUNITE AFTER 10 YEARS

courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of mingpao.com

The film BLIND DETECTIVE (MAN TAM) is director Johnnie To Kei Fung, Andy Lau Tak Wa and Sammi Cheng Sau Man's 10 year reunion. Wa Jai joked that To Kei Fung's personality was the character's blue print. "I completely cloned how he mercilessly yells at people." Wa Jai said that during the shoot To Kei Fung "sang after scolding at him". He said, "As soon as the production began I had to blindly run around in a forest. I had no action director or protective padding, I never stopped. With so many people on the set, I couldn't mess up. After 4 takes I said that my clothes were soak through and I had to change. After a 20 minute break I had to shoot a tree climbing scene. At the time I was suffering, I was out of breath. I didn't expect To Kei Fung to say 'you are old'. At the time I wanted to jump on him and hit him. In the end the scene was still cut. Later at the press conference he sang that my strength was on the decline." He joked that next time he would not work with To Kei Fung on an action film again.

Wa Jai complained that when they made RUNNING ON KARMA (DAI JET LO), To Kei Fung saw Li Bingbing perform a mid air stunt and took the chance to yell at him. "Even a girl can do it, yet you can't." Wa Jai joked, "Why would I dare to talk back? I am afraid of being embarrassed. From his movies everyone know how crazy he is."

To Kei Fung has not yelled at Sammi yet. "Maybe he knew that I was thick skinned. After yelling at me I would lose all my hair from the fright and become unable to act!" In the film still, Sammi displayed her three inch career line. She joked, "By chance the lighting was right, I of course had to show off. Normally I just keep it hidden, actually I have a 7 inch career line!"

No comments:

Post a Comment