Saturday, April 6, 2024

[2024.04.07] CAROL CHENG CLARIFIES RUMORS ABOUT SLAPPING CARINA LAU

courtesy of mingpao.com

The Carina Lau Ka Ling host mainland variety program invited Carol Cheng Yui Ling to be the guest on the latest episode. Sister Do in 1991 with HER FATAL WAYS (BIU JEH NEI HO YEH!) defeated that the favorite that year, DAYS OF BEING WILD (AH FEI JING JUEN)'s Lau Ka Ling to win her first Hong Kong Film Awards Best Actor. On the program Ka Ling brough up the past again, admitting that she felt super lost after losing to Sister Do. Because Ka Ling was the only Best Actress nominee in attendance, her confidence increased.

Sister Do explained that back then she was working and did not attend. In addition she picked Ka Ling to win. "I thought I had no hope. Since I had to work that day, I didn't go. I truly and sincerely 100% thought that it would definitely be Ka Ling." Ka Ling said that although she once felt lost, she thoroughly admitted defeat and praised how entertaining HER FATAL WAYS was.

Ka Ling and Sister Do worked together on the TVB series THE FEUD OF TWO BROTHERS, at the time rumors of their dispute were rampant. Some pointed out that Ka Ling was late, which upset Sister Do who was known to be on time. Some even rumored that at the time during rehearsal, Ka Ling did not familiarize herself with the lines, Sister Do could not help but slap Ka Ling. All the rumors made the outside thought that they were at odds. Sister Do said that the rumors were very exaggerated. "Saying I was mad at you, some said I hit you. Now really thanks to you, we can clarify it a little."

Sister Do told the truth. "Ka Ling and I have worked together on the television series THE FEUD OF TWO BROTHERS. One day our entire cast was there, I saw everyone was there, except Lau Ka Ling has not reported in yet. My tone was (gentle tone), 'when was your call?' Perhaps someone heard it and magnified the whole thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment