Saturday, April 13, 2024

[2024.04.13] JENNIFER YU'S NOMINATED ROLE IS ORIGINALLY INTENDED FOR MICHELLE WAI?

Michelle Wai is wowed by the prices while picking out jewelry

Jennifer Yu avoids the talk of "fighting over role"

Michelle Wai says as colleagues, the most important is the success of film
courtesy of on.cc

Jennifer Yu, Thai star Win Metawin and Fish Liew
courtesy of mingpao.com

The 42nd Hong Kong Film Awards would take place at the Cultural Center in Tsim Sha Tsui tomorrow night. This year's Best Actress race has been heating up. The Hong Kong Film Awards Best New Performer nominee 7 years, Jennifer Yu Heung Ying was "promoted" to compete for Best Actress. Her situation has been almost like a monopoly as she have the support of many colleagues. However the character was originally intended for another Best Actress nominee Michelle Wai Sze Nga. She even conducted research before the shoot with the director and attended the trial to prepare for the role.

This year's Best Actress nominees are all "local". Among them with 13 years in the business and the film IN BROAD DAYLIGHT (BAK YUN JI HA) Yu Heung Ying has been nominated for Best Actress. Earlier she has already won the Film Critic Society and Film Directors' Guild Best Actress awards. Naturally the edge has been given to her. In the film her performance as a reporter in a relentless pursuit for the truth has been riveting, no wonder she has been seen as the "favorite". She however humbly said, "I just treat it normally, but I really look forward to dressing up and walking the red carpet with the team." First time nominee for THE LYRICIST WANNABE (TIN CHI L)'s Chung Suet Ying has been seen as Yu Heung Ying's "rival", even Wai Sze Nga has yielded. "This time she really performed very well, the entire movie is also very attractive. She is the only nominee I have worked with, I feel this girl has a very special aura."

On the eve of the race, Yu Heung Yi and Best Supporting Actress nominee Fish Liew Chi Yu yesterday attended a brand event at Causeway Bay with Thai star Win Metawin. Tomorrow night would be the Hong Kong Film Awards, Yu Heung Ying admitted that she was not nervous. "Because everyday I have been very busy, I am grateful to have a lot of work. In addition my daughter is smart and energetic, everyday I have already exhausted all my energy with her so I don't have time to be nervous." Speaking of her Best Actress nominated role was originally intended for Wai Sze Nga, Yu Heung Ying said, "I have read the related report, thank you to the entire team for never giving up over so many years. Even once they found an investor but then were rejected, they continued. The film was finally completed, and the audience was able to see the message we wanted. At first I received an audition invitation. Many actors including Liew Chi Yu also participated. Maybe the screenwriter felt my presence was more suitable for the character. I feel I am very lucky." Liew Chi Yu chimed in, "At the audition I was rubbing my hands together, I really wanted to land this role. Next time I have to beat her. The role would find its actor, I believe in destiny." As for what they would wear, Yu Heung Ying said that she was conservative. One had a translucent effect but she had nothing to show, at most she would show her teeth.

As for Wai Sze Nga she has already participated in IN's pre production. At the time she and the director personally went to the court for the trial of former nursing home director as research for the reporter character. She said yesterday, "As a part of the film industry, everyone should put in an effort. Who ends up with the role isn't important, I feel the most important is for the project to be able to succeed. I believe everyone who participates in film would have this attitude. I am fortunate to have participated in some of the film's pre production work, and I feel very happy."

After 15 years in the business, Wai Sze Nga with the Emperor Motion Picture READY O/R ROT would vie for Best Actress but said that her chances were slim. "Being also-ran doesn't matter, I am already very happy to be a part of it. I definitely would choose the prettiest dress to attend!" Earlier she was caught at a jewelry store to choose accessories for the award show. The clerk matched many diamond earrings and necklace sets for her. After she saw the price tags she was shocked. Later she said, "I won't be sexy! Earlier I tried a dress, the front was open down to the belly button. However I realize the bones are visible on my chest, let's not frighten people. (Were you indecisive while picking jewelry?) When I saw he price tag I got a little scared, there was a pair of earrings that was over 2 million. The company very boldly said that it would give me a jewelry set that was worth 5 million, the price of a home. I am afraid that I would be clumsy, I don't want too much pressure."

On the other hand, Liew Chi Yu yesterday joked that she definitely would be sexy, "Because I really want to be a sexy female star. (Would you make another nude scene?) Sex and nudity are two different things, but if the script is good I wouldn't mind." Would her boyfriend Siuyea Lo Chun Yip mind? She said, "No, he is an actor too. In addition my body isn't particularly exciting." Speaking of boyfriend being nominated, she said, "The time is getting closer and closer, I really am a little nervous. For Best Actress I of course want Yu Heung Ying to win. (Another friend Louise Wong Dan Nei is also nominated?) No matter who wins it would be worth a toast. (If you and Yu Heung Ying win together?) Then the day would really be worth remembering, then I would probably drink until I throw up like mad!"

No comments:

Post a Comment