Saturday, April 6, 2024

[2024.04.06] CHUNG SUET YING URGES TO PERSIST WITH YOUR DREAM

Eric Kot, Ernest Poon, Tang Lai Ying and Chung Suet Ying perform a story of chasing dreams in THE LYRICIST WANNABE
courtesy of singtao.com

Nowadays everyone is talking about chasing dreams, running into setbacks on the journey is inevitable. The harsh reality and the underestimation of outsiders may make people stop their dream chasing pace. The new film THE LYRICIST WANNABE (TIN CHI L) was exactly a story about chasing dreams. Lead actress Chung Suet Ying wanted to become a lyricist, the people around her were just as important. In it Eric Kot Man Fai played Papa, Ernest Poon Chung Hai the older brother, Tang Lai Ying the good friend and the older brother's secret girlfriend. The film was also director Norris Wong Yi Lam's personal experience. She once said that Chung Suet Ying was her only choice, which Chung Suet Ying joked was because the director did not want to bother. "I wrote lyrics too, so I would understand the theories and experience. The director wouldn't need to explain too much to me." Kot Man Fai also praised, "During the shoot I already thought they were very convincing, even the expressions were exactly the same. They were totally in character!" Chung Suet Ying also joked that during the shoot she also deliberately impersonated the director's appearance.

The film was about chasing dreams, outside the film was also a story of chasing dreams. Chung Suet Ying revealed that the production process was not easy at all. "Because the production lacked funding, the entire film shot for several months then stopped. The director took one or two projects, after receiving funding he resumed the shoot again, thus this film was completed successfully under the stop and go situation." All four were chasing their own dreams, but Kot Man Fai joked that he was "old seafood", now he would "slack off on the chase". The other three were still on the way. Kot Man Fai felt that the starting line of chasing dreams now was easier than before, but the competition has increased. Poon Chung Hau also agreed, feeling that only with competition would there be motivation to fight your way out. He also revealed that at age 15 already many people asked him to switch jobs and told him making money was the most important. "This movie gave me a lot of confidence, the process of chasing dreams would definitely run into low points but you definitely can't give up; if there are lows there must be highs."

Lai Ying said that every era would have different hardship, the most important was doing what she liked to do; Chung Suet Ying admitted that previously her family and friends did not like her working in the performing arts. "During secondary school I wanted to draw comic book and animation, all the courses I chose had to do with animation and comic books; but at the university I felt my family wouldn't like that, so I chose financial news profession. After 4 years I finally asked Papa, could I draw animation and comic book? He said no problem, and even said that he did not understand why I chose finance. I finally realized that I only thought about what they wanted for me, not what I wanted; but actually I didn't need to have previous settings, perhaps everyone would be very encouraging!"

No comments:

Post a Comment