Wednesday, April 10, 2024

[2024.04.11] FISH LIEW WANTS RENCI YEUNG TO WIN BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Renci Yeung and Fish Liew are both nominated for the Hong Kong Film Awards Best Supporting Actress courtesy of on.cc

The 42nd Hong Kong Film Awards would take place on the 14th at the Cultural Center in Tsim Sha Tsui. This year's Best Supporting Actress competition has been fierce. The film A GUILTY CONSCIENCE (DUK SIT DAI JONG)'s Fish Liew Chi Yu and Renci Yeung Sze Wing would take on veteran actress Elaine Jin (Kam Yin Ling), Rachel Leung Yung Ting and Rosa Velasco (Wai Law Sha). Fish and Renci earlier spoke about facing the strong competition. Fish said, "I definitely have to have confidence, I am not necessarily win; but other people being talented don't mean I am poor. Of course I would like a good performance. I like everyone's chances, I would support Renci. Anyone who knows her knows that she is normally tender and gentle. Seeing her determined eyes while playing the role, she really did very well." Renci also joked that she would support herself, "Because if I don't support myself, no one would support me; but I like Leung Yung Ting's chances, she performed very well."

Fish once with the film ANITA (MUI YIM FONG) won the Hong Kong Film Awards Best Supporting Actress. Of course she would have the advantage in the eyes of many, but she revealed that her parents have been lukewarm. "They watched the press conference in which I read the nominations. They thought I was pretty, but they didn't watch the live broadcast after." Renci said, "The most moving is that the GUILTY team received many nominations, very complete."

This year's Hong Kong Film Awards would be particularly meaningful to Fish. Aside from boyfriend Siuyea Lo Chun Yip's Best Actor nomination, her best friend Jennifer Yu Heung Ying was also nominated for Best Actress. She said, "I wouldn't be nervous for them, I would only be nervous bout whether I was in good condition. Because at events where I saw many people I would get dizzy. The most important would be pretty, calm, and not tripping. (If you win would you consider tying the knot?) These few years would be career first, I wouldn't spend the time on wedding ceremony. I would make money first. Also, not everyone can be all purpose like Yu Heung Ying, keeping her eye on everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment