Thursday, December 30, 2010

[2010.12.31] CHOW YUN FAT'S ACTING IMPROVES

courtesy of singtao.com

The Jiang Wen, Chow Yun Fat, Ge You, Carina Lau Ka Ling starred Emperor new film LET THE BULLETS FLY has already broken 400 million at the Mainland box office. Many of the famous lines came from Ge You, like "Women you don't want, money you don't want, what do you want?", "Is this necessary?", "Do you want to kill me or sleep with me?". They left the audience applauding and laughing and became trendy slangs for young people.

Aside from Ge You's golden lines, director Jiang Wen's dark humor was also a big selling point. The rare "acting battle" between Chow Yun Fat, Ge You and Jiang Wen was of course another. Even Fat Gor himself joked, "I never thought that I would have such a chance to work with them, I am also very happy to be able to have the exchange with them and make a movie together." Fat Gor felt that working with such high quality actors improved his own acting. He honestly said, "With actors of this class acting with me, everyone is like playing soccer, when they pass to me, I pass the same way back to them."

Fat Gor also pointed out that his character not only gave his two co-stars but also himself a lot of pressure. He explained, "In the story, Jiang Wen and Ge You swindle money out of me. I had to use different ways to protect my family wealth and property very well. So in the character I stand directly opposite the two of them." However Fat Gor was very happy about this film, he said that the process was very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment