Wednesday, March 23, 2011

[2011.03.23] LOUIS KOO COMPLAINS ABOUT BLOOD

courtesy of on.cc

courtesy of singtao.com

courtesy of mingpao.com

courtesy of takungpao.com

The classic film A CHINESE GHOST STORY (SIN NUI YAU WON)'s new version will open in Hong Kong next month. The cast including Louis Koo Tin Lok, Crystal Liu Yifei, Louis Fan Siu Wong, Wai Ying Hung and others yesterday attended the press conference at the Convention Center. Goo Jai revealed that in the film he not only was splashed with unknown liquid but also tore his cruciate ligament during a fight scene. The pain was beyond any description.

Yesterday Goo Jai led Liu Yifei, Wai Ying Hung and others in an appearance to promote the film at the press conference. The film company also showed the film trailer and production special. In the film Goo Jai not only was splashed with a blood like red liquid but also had many fight scenes. He admitted that the production was tough. Goo Jai said, "I tore my cruciate ligament during the fight scene. I haven't worked on a fight scene in a long time. In one scene I had to capture twelve demons. I fought for many days, Siu Wong and I fought for two or three days!" As for the bloody scene, Goo Jai said, "At the time the blood went into my eyes. At first we wanted continuity, but we couldn't get it down. Thus in the end I still got splashed twice!" Goo Jai said that he did not know what the liquid was and joked that he had to ask director of photography Arthur Wong Ngok Tai.

Liu Yifei said that she was not worried about comparison with Joey Wang Cho Yin. She said, "This is a new story, I can't have an old frame to put myself in. I am not worried and feel that worrying is meaningless. At the same time I have never seen the film's old version." She not only praised Goo Jai's excellent performance but also his outstanding crying scene. Speaking of the kiss scene with Yu Shaoqun, she also admitted that it was his first kiss scene but it was very successful. Liu Yifei said, "At the time the shoot was out of sequence. When it started due to rain it was switched to indoors. At first we had to cultivate emotions and the shoot had a little problem. Later I thought it was smooth."

No comments:

Post a Comment