Friday, July 8, 2011

[2011.07.08] WAI YING HUNG LOSES A PIECE OF HER KNEE

Siu Hung shows the scar that is left from her knee injury

courtesy of mingpao.com

Donnie Yen Chi Tan's mother is Wai Ying Hung's mentor. Siu Hung and Chi Tan have known each other for over 20 years. In the Peter Chan Ho Sun directed WU XIA they finally worked together for the first time. In the film they personally performed their own fight scenes that were thrilling and exciting, luckily they did not have any accident. Siu Hung now talked about it at ease; but running around on the roofs of Yunnan ancient city houses 2800 meters above the sea level with the end being a cliff, she was done for if she could not stop in time. She said, "Running ahead of me Chi Tan often turned around to look at me, worrying that I really couldn't stop in time."

Shooting in the thin mountain air, breathing was already difficult. They even had chase and duel, which made it even harder. Thus during the shoot Siu Hung fell due to a lack of oxygen and lost a piece of her right kneecap. Although the wound was treated immediately, it was still infected and left a dark scar. She showed off the scar on her knee cap and said, "The wound was even darker before, even powder couldn't cover it up. Only after four laser treatments it wasn't as dark, but the scar could still clearly be seen."

In another thrilling scene she and Chi Tan fought in a cow shed and was almost rammed to death. Siu Hung said, "I never imagined that I really almost was trampled to death. Because I was fighting between six cows, the cows were threatened and went wild. Two crushed me. At the time I heard my rib went and felt a chill. I was worried that something happened. The stunt professional led away the cows and ran over to save me." Luckily her rib was not broken, and director Chan Ho Sun and Chi Tan praised her. Siu Hung said, "I was somewhat comforted!"

No comments:

Post a Comment