Saturday, July 9, 2011

[2011.07.10] JIMMY WANG DRIVES ONE ARMED AFTER STROKE

courtesy of on.cc

courtesy of takungpao.com

Director Peter Chan Ho Sun promoted WU XIA in Taiwan for one day. Before returning to Hong Kong he visited Jimmy Wang Yu who suffered an unfortunate stroke earlier. Wang Yu after over a month in treatment appeared to have gradually recovered.
Yesterday they met in Taipei. Chan Ho Sun brought fruit and essence of chicken to visit Wang Yu. Wang Yu said, "After the stroke I almost have no strength on my left side, sometimes even talking was affected. Luckily after therapy and treatment over a long time, now I can walk and my left hand can move slightly. Perhaps due to the foundation of my youth, with twice daily physical therapy and both Chinese and Western medicine my body has recovered a lot. However I still have to watch what I eat, and I can't drink anymore." Yet Wang Yu proudly said, the doctor wanted him to lift and lower his left arm 200 times daily. He insisted on increasing to 1000 repetitions. With the 25 steps at home he walked three times over daily. Wang Yu even joked, "After my body recovers, I will drive one handed to physical therapy!" The staff was so scared that they were sweating bullets. Wang Yu joked, "Don't worry, because Big Brother Wang is the One Armed Swordsman!" Big Brother Wang said, "Now I can't! My daughter found out and already yelled at me once, she even assigned a driver for me." Wang Yu even promised to attend the Taiwan and Hong Kong premieres.

No comments:

Post a Comment