Wednesday, July 10, 2013

[2013.07.11] DONNIE YEN TAKES A BREAK FROM SUSPECTED HEAT STROKE

Donnie Yen takes a break from a suspected heat stroke
Lo Hoi Pang feels lucky not having to fight with Donnie Yen
courtesy of on.cc

Donnie Yen Chi Tan is known for risking his life on the set. Earlier when he made the film ICEMAN 3D (3D BING FUNG HUP) he had both extremes with ice and fire. After many fight scenes in the snowy and icy Changbai Mountain in May, earlier he worked on a major scene in Tuen Mun under over 30 degree (Celsius) heat. The action director as well, Chi Tan commanded over 100 actors in many large scale scenes. Chi Tan was used to large scale scenes, so this time was not too difficult to him. However, the sun was blazing during the shoot. Chi Tan was in the sun for several hours and had to move around in wide open space. Finally in the middle of the shoot Chi Tan felt ill and looked pale like he had a heat stroke. He needed to sit quietly and rest. Luckily, after rest and drinking some water to lower his temperature he recovered very quickly. By the end of the shoot, inspiration struck as he shot a group photo with over 100 extras. It was not just for the memory but also considered for the film poster use!

Veteran actor Lo Hoi Pang was also on hand. He said that he felt "lucky" about not having a chance to fight Chi Tan in this film and joked that he was worried about getting hurt. He also praised Chi Tan's costume as special, just like THE TERMINATOR. "He looks very much like Arnold Schwarzenegger!"

Speaking of his suspected heat stroke, Chi Tan said, "That day was sunny. I sat to the side just to rest a little. Which one of my movie wasn't tough to shoot? I have been in even tougher situation. It's not all that special! However, after a shoot once as soon as I got home I had a fever, had to take medicine and rest. The next day I was able to continue to work. My life is a tough one! (Was this film very tough to make?) No, instead I feel with every shoot I hope to bring something new to the audience. The pressure that I give myself is worse than anything. This film I added some dark humor into the film, hopefully the viewers will feel the freshness."

Chi Tan and his wife Cissy Wang will celebrate their 10th anniversary this year. Although Chi Tan in recent years have been making one movie after another, he said that in the end of August he will take a few days off to celebrate with his wife. "At the end of August I will go to the Venice Film Festival. My wife will come along so we can celebrate as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment