Thursday, July 18, 2013

[2013.07.19] SIMON YAM PLAYS A DEBT COLLECTOR IN THE HEAT

Janice Man
courtesy of on.cc

Simon Yam Tat Wa, Wai Ying Hung, Janice Man Wing Shan, Shine and Lam Suet earlier worked on the new film LOST ON A RED MINIBUS TO TAI PO (NA YEH LING SUN, NGOR JOR SEUNG LIU WONG GOK HOI WONG DAI BO DIK HUNG WAN) wrap scene. Because the story required it, everyone had to wear protective gear in a broken minibus without any air conditioning in the heat like a collective "sauna bath"! As everyone was sweating, after every shot they immediately removed their masks to breathe!

Yam Tat Wa was used to suffering though and said that night was the "worst of the pain". He said, "I have worked on similar scenes in 34 or 35 degree (Celsius) temperature before, I truly worked until I puked. When I got home I had to take several showers to lower my temperature. Because in this film I play a debt collector, it's pretty funny. Viewers should like this script so none of the suffering matters!"

In addition, Yam Tat Wa said that after he finished all the work on hand he would go on vacation with his wife Qi Qi and their daughter. He said, "We probably will go to England, Vienna, we have property in Vienna, once in awhile we would go and on the way check out some unique forests in England. I can scout locations for the next movie that I will direct."

No comments:

Post a Comment