Thursday, April 10, 2014

[2014.04.11] NINA PAW HAS NO REGRET

Nina Paw is already very pleased with audience recognition
Sister Bau is very satisfied with her RIGOR MORTIS performance but she turned it down once
Nina Paw will work with Juno Mak again and play a very challenging character
courtesy of on.cc

Among The 33rd Hong Kong Film Award's 5 Best Actress nominees, THE GRANDMASTER (YUT DOI JUNG SI)'s eight time Best Actress winner Zhang Ziyi's draw is beyond any doubt. Tang Wei's money worshipping image in FINDING MR. RIGHT is also convincing. Nina Paw Hee Ching's role in RIGOR MORTIS (GEUNG SI) is not considered very major, she admits that it is very hard to have a clear line and definition between Lead Actress and Supporting Actress nominations. Even veteran filmmaker said to her privately, "If it is Supporting Actor, you can't lose at all."

Speaking of her "line stepping nomination", Sister Bau felt that the so-called win and lose actually were not too important. "My husband (Fong Ping) says, how many Best Actress nominations do you get in life? The nomination is already a record. He is very demanding of me, he would openly praise me. However this time he says I did very well, in addition on the streets many more young viewers are calling me. My distance with everyone is closer, I feel I have gained a lot."

As for strong rival Zhang Ziyi, Sister Bau humbly said, "She has three words, 'she can't lose'. (Cherry) Ngan Cheuk Ling and I instead have no pressure. Earlier when she saw each other we even hug to congratulate each other, but I object to describe us with the word 'also ran'. I feel that this time I got a very pretty report card, I am already very satisfied with this."

Sister Bau admitted that when she first got the RIGOR script she planned to turn it down. "I am afraid of supernatural subject films, I am also afraid of such a dark character. After the shoot I have a very hard time with leaving the character, but Juno asked me out to chat again. He told the story and made tears run down my face. Finally I decided to make it. Then on the first day of work I saw (Richard) Ng Yiu Hong's rotten face mold and soak in bloody water. I was scared out of my wits. Luckily later I watched him put on the makeup brush by brush, only then I felt the whole thing wasn't scary."

Although she felt that her chance of winning Best Actress again was very slim, Sister Bau still put an effort into choosing what she would wear. She was prepared to attend the award show and show her support, supporting Hong Kong film with action. She also happily said that she and Juno already had a further collaboration plan. "I can't talk about the details yet, but the character is very challenging. It will be something that I have never tried."

33rd Hong Kong Film Award Best Actress Nominees
Zhang Ziyi (THE GRANDMASTER)
Tang Wei (FINDING MR. RIGHT)
Cherry Ngan Cheuk Ling (THE WAY WE DANCE)
Sammi Cheng Sau Man (THE BLIND DETECTIVE)
Nina Paw Hee Ching (RIGOR MORTIS)

No comments:

Post a Comment