Wednesday, July 20, 2016

[2016.07.21] KARA WAI WINS HUMANITARIAN AWARD

courtesy of singtao.com
Carlos Chan and Kara Wai
courtesy of on.cc

Best Actress Kara Wai Ying Hung earlier went to promote their new film HAPPINESS (HUNG WON SI NGOR) in the U.S. with Carlos Chan Ka Lok. After the 21st Made In Hong Kong Film Festival in Washington, DC, they went to New York to attend the 39th Asian American International Film Festival. Wai Ying Hung in the film played an Alzheimer's patient and called for attention in the Chinese community there the problems that the illness brings. Thus the event presented her with the 2016 Asian Media Humanitarian Award" for her contribution to Alzheimer's and her 40 years in Hong Kong film.

Wai Ying Hung said, "First I want to thank the event for recognizing my little achievement in my 40 years in the film industry. All along, I have paid special attention to the elderly, the minority and orphans. In recent years, I have paid special attention to Alzheimer's Disease and brain deterioration. I hope through this film even more people would recognize these people who need our help."

No comments:

Post a Comment