Wednesday, May 4, 2011

[2011.05.04] MIRIAM YEUNG: LINE UP FOR CO-PRODUCTIONS

courtesy of takungpao.com

Miriam Yeung Chin Wa yesterday attended a spring charity flower show as the UNICEF ambassador. She promoted the auction that would donate the proceed to Mainland children.

According to a report, most Mainland investors choose to pair Mainland female artists with Hong Kong male artists on movies, in turn giving Hong Kong actresses less performance opportunities; Chin Wa said that they would not have no chance at all, but indeed now she has less opportunities than before. She said, when companies start production on a movie, if it is a co-production she has to line up. She joked, "I sometimes get there, but like the LOVE IN A PUFF (JI MING YU CHUN GIU) sequel I was considered able to save the 'baby'. I can perform a little better at mys post, but I can't control anything else. I hope the company would be able to fight for more opportunities." Many Mainland female artists were already worth several tens of millions, did she feel sorry for herself? She said, "Show business is not about sorry or not, I believe to each its own. Substance is value."

No comments:

Post a Comment