Thursday, May 5, 2011

[2011.05.06] SHU QI'S TEARS DON'T STOP FOR LOVING THE WRONG PERSON

courtesy of singtao.com

courtesy of mingpao.com

courtesy of takungpao.com

After eight years, Shu Qi and Liu Ye worked together again on their new film A BEAUTIFUL LIFE (BUT JOI YEUNG NEI GOO DAN). She described that they had a little of the old couple feeling, but this time her character was very heavy and emotional fluctuation was huge. In addition director Andrew Lau Wai Keung kept asking for more. She not only did not want to see Lau Wai Keung, but also decided from now on to make comedy because she did not want to emotionally affected again.

In the film, Shu Qu played a Hong Kong woman who went to work in Beijing. Unfortunately while her career suffered she also hooked up with a married man romantically. Once after getting drunk, she by chance ran into a cop Liu Ye. Since then whenever she was down she would look for company from Liu Ye. Because in the film her mood remained low, each time after work she would be so tired that she did not want to read the script anymore. After waking up she did not want to see Lau Wai Keung again on the set. Lau Wai Keung said, "I really hate me as much as rumored. Actually at first I thought making this movie would be simple. As long as actor's performance could touch me I would accept the take. Who knew I had to get into character along with the actors. Thus I played some songs on the set for everyone to get into, but I made the team feel very difficult." Shu Qi also joked that after finishing her films on hand she decided to switch to comedy from now on. She did not want her emotions to have too much change, the best would be the "standing and walking around" straight man role without any line at all. She said, "Making LEGEND OF THE FIST THE RETURN OF CHEN ZHEN was already very tough on me, I don't know why I took BEAUTIFUL. I never thought that it would be this heavy, like I had something on me. In addition Lau Wai Keung was very good at telling stories. I wanted to cry almost as soon as he spoke, so I just directly told him to stay away from me."

Shu Qi also pointed out that Lau Wai Keung would keep asking for more. Even crying over a break up would end one day, this time one drop, ten drops even a hundred drops would not be enough. The production made her heart ache like she had a heart disease. She said, "At my age I should have seen many times, my attitude toward life would be very light and think positively. However this time was like returning to the past, like I had a manic disorder. When I got home I didn't want to remove my make up or shower, I just wanted to sleep." Working with Liu Ye almost eight years later, Shu Qi praised him as a very professional actor. Whatever you gave he was able to respond to. Back then when they first worked together they already had passionate spark, this time they had a little of the old couple feeling. Shu Qi said, "It isn't just chemistry, the heart has a kind of fluctuation like the further elevation of the relationship." Liu Ye said that when his wife came to visit the set, she immediately screamed when she saw Shu Qi because she thought she truly was a woman who was too perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment