Monday, April 2, 2012

[2012.04.03] DEANIE IP HINTS AT HONG KONG FILM AWARD FASHION EXCEPTION




Shu Qi
Deanie Ip
Zhou Xun
Tang Wei
Lau Ching Wan
Gao Yuanyuan
courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com

courtesy of mingpao.com

Shiga Lin, Kenneth Tsang, Deanie Ip, Karena Ng
courtesy of takungpao.com

The 31st Hong Kong Film Award will take place on the 15th at the Cultural center.  The organizers yesterday held a nominee photo unveiling ceremony and asked Best Actress nominee Deanie Ip Tak Han, Best Supporting Actor nominee Kenneth Tsang Kong and Best New Performer nominees Karena Ng Chin Yu, Shiga Lin Si Nga as guests.  The event announced this year's lifetime achievement award recipient to be Ni Kuang (Ngai Hong).

First time posing for the program, Sister Deanie was very mischievous and joked that the photographer did very well as it was very difficult.  She said with a smile, "The photographer got heavy handed and made me look too pretty!"  Sister Deanie since last year has won many awards with A SIMPLE LIFE (TOH JEH).  Yesterday naturally she became the focus.

Even though Sister Deanie has been in the business for years, she revealed that this was the first time she posed for the program.  She said, "I didn't feel the shoot was tough."  Sister Deanie said that the photographer normally often ran into pretty girls, this time running into her the shoot was highly difficult.  "Because if they made me look old, they were afraid that I would scold them.  However I said I should be old, I didn't expect them to be so heavy handed and made me look too pretty!"  As for her fashion preparation, Deanie explained that she would mainly listen to the designer's opinion about how much to show.  She said, "This time I won't mainly wear black as before, because my clothes required many adjustments."  She said that when others wore long dresses they looked elegant but hers would drag on the floor.  Sister Deanie also said that Her Venice Film Festival dress last year was adjusted a dozen times or
so.  She said, "As long as I feel it fits it's OK."

As for jewelry, Sister Deanie admitted that she left them in the hands of the designers and the sponsors.  She said, "I would listen to their opinion."  As for Ni Kuang's Lifetime Achievement Award, Sister Deanie said that although she has been in the business for years, she and Ni Kuang were not too familiar.  She said, "Over 20 years ago (Winnie) Yu Tsang and I worked on a concert at Baptist (University), Mr. Ni and Mr. and Mrs. Yin Jong (Louis Cha) came to see us and even had dinner together.  Since then I haven't run into him again."

In addition, Ng Chin Yu and Lin Si Nga were both nominated for Best New Performer.  When asked who their biggest competition was, Ng Chin Yu said, "I pick my company's Mainland colleague Zheng Shuang.  She performed very well."  She also said that both she and Lin Si Nga were models and had similar experience, thus they would support each other.  As for what she would wear, Ng Chin Yu responded, "I hope for a long dress, elegant like a fairy."  Lin Si Nga said that she has already watched all of her competition's work.  She said, "I pick Siu King Tung (Jam Hsiao) and Sheng Jian.  Siu King Tung's performance is very funny, Sheng Jian's acting was convincing."  As for what she would wear, Lin Si Nga explained that she would choose either long or short dress.

In addition, Lifetime Achievement Award winner Ni Kuang yesterday did not appear, but he stated, "I am very happy and surprised to receive this award, thank you Hong Kong Film Award for giving me this award!"  Ni Kuang stressed that on the night of the award ceremony he will appear in person to accept the award.

No comments:

Post a Comment