Thursday, January 31, 2013

[2013.02.01] TONY LEUNG CHIU WAI CANNOT ASK FOR MORE


courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Yuen Woo Ping and Lau Ka Yung
Tony Leung Chiu Wai dots the lions' eyes
courtesy of mingpao.com

Yesterday Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Yuen Woo Ping, and Lau Ka Yung attended the Hong Kong University "Who Is THE GRANDMASTERS film forum". The 1000 seats were filled in two hours, with 600 people waiting outside. When Wai Jai appeared the crowd roared and gave him a standing ovation.

Wai Jai attended an university forum for the first time. When asked whether the film will have a sequel due to good word of mouth? He said, "No, I am not afraid of 3 more years in production. Time isn't a problem, I just want to try something else to have a sense of freshness." Reportedly the Berlin Film Festival screening will be an extended version, Wai Jai asked Wong Kar Wai to confirm. He said that another version would not be fair to the audience, he might edit out some scenes that foreigners would not understand. He would not demand to add back his removed scenes as he thought that as it is now the movie is rather entertaining.

Reportedly he was upset at the size of the role and he was at odds with Wong Kar Wai. Wai Jai laughed and said, "Hahaha, you are killing me, am I this type of person? I have been friends with Wong Kar Wai for so many years that I wouldn't mind. I am 50 years old, I have everything, what else do I want? Instead I have to learn to give, to do charity work on my free time, help those who aren't as fortunate. I took two years off before, life was brilliant. When I woke up I would drink with friends until I fell asleep. With sustenance and responsibility, life would healthier." After promoting in Korea and the U.S., he will take two months off before deciding on his charity work. He was willing to do charity work with his wife Carina Lau Ka Ling as well.

Action director Yuen Woo Ping praised Wai Jai's kung fu film prowess. He should not be compared to Donnie yen Chi Tan, as their styles and specialties were different. Was Chi Tan better? He said, "Wai Jai is great too, they are great in different ways. Wai Jai's action sense is great, he is just being humble." After the two hour forum ended, they went to Mongkok for audience appreciation and celebrated with a lion dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment