Thursday, January 10, 2013

[2013.01.11] LAW CHUNG HIM, OSCAR LEUNG, JACQUELINE CHONG CREATE NEW GENERATION YOUNG AND DANGEROUS

courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of mingpao.com

Wong Jing remade the hit film from 16 years ago YOUNG AND DANGEROUS (GOO WAT JAI) as YOUNG AND DANGEROUS: RELOADED (GOO WAT JAI: GONG WU SUN DIT JUI) with Law Chung Him, Oscar Leung Lit Wai, Jacqueline Chong Si Man as Chan Ho Nam, Chicken and Preacher's daughter Suk Fun. With Dior Cheng Yi Kin, Jordan Chan Siu Chun and Karen Mok Man Wai before them, they could only do their best to play the characters anew. Him Jai said, "Ekin's Brother Ho Nam belonged to the 90s, I am the 2013 Chan Ho Nam!"

Perhaps few remembers Him Jai and Wai Wai came from the film industry, they only knew that last year they performed outstandingly on television. Even Wong Jing brought them back to the film industry. Him Jai and Wai Wai were both YOUNG AND DANGEROUS comic book and film fans. They were crazy happy when they were fortunate enough to be in the new version, but Him Jai had to withstand the pressure from being compared to Ekin. He said, "I grew up watching Ekin's Chan Ho Nam. The heavy heroism is too memorable, I hope viewers can accept new actors. This time Wong Jing wants to be closer to the comic book and more human. I not only suggested adding in comic books and play the parking valet Chan Ho Nam who was cowardly and stammered but looked very cool. When he gathered his gang he would even use What's App." Him Jai could not wait for the second film. "This time I ran into Smartie Tong Fei, in the next film Chan Ho Nam could run to Taiwan."

Wai Wai studied the Chan Siu Chun played Chicken as more lovable, so his performance would be loyal to the original. Ambiguous between good and evil, he would compete with Chan Ho Nam. Wai Wai said, "I can't compare to Chan Siu Chun, there is no standard. I can only do my part!" Chong Si Man played Chicken's girlfriend Suk Fun, Mok Man Wai's role in the past. She and wai Wai played happy rivals. She said, "I am very cool and bisexual, I would compete with Chicken for girls. Actually inside I care about Chicken very much, and very different from Mok Man Wai's version. Originally I had a kiss scene with a girl, but it might be cut."

YOUNG AND DANGEROUS: RELOADED has violence, sex and foul language. Released with both category IIB and category III rated versions, all viewers are taken care of. Him Jai said that the smoking, fighting and foul language scenes were very challenging. "I was very nice at school, this time I practiced smoking until I puked, and was afraid that the fights would look like a costume film's." Wai Wai and Chong Si Man was more than able to handle the fight scenes because they were used to fighting when they were little. Chong Si Man was a "highly at risk student", Wai Wai was sentenced to 3 year probation. However they needed time to create chemistry.

No comments:

Post a Comment