Saturday, January 5, 2013

[2013.01.06] STEPHEN CHOW ADMITS THAT HE IS OLD AND NO ONE WANTS HIM

courtesy of singtao.com

Stephen Chow's only regret about JOURNEY TO THE WEST is Jack Ma did not play the Monkey King
courtesy of mingpao.com

Stephen Chow Sing Chi two days ago spoke about his dreams with Alibaba group chief Jack Ma Yun at the Beijing China Media University. They appreciated each other and practiced Tai Chi. Sing Yeh said that he would like Ma Yun to play the Monkey King; the audience saw how great they got along and screamed, "Get together!" Sing Yeh was asked about marriage and he continued to practice "Tai Chi". "Now no one wants me."

Sing Yeh responded to the question of when he would wed. ""I don't know either!"  He then turned around and Wang Zhonglei, "At my age now I probably won't have the chance!  I am so old, now definitely no one wants me." When a viewer asked him about his favorite actress, he said that recently he felt Shu Qi was decent since she was the JOURNEY TO THE WEST (SAI YAU GONG MOR PIN) lead actress. Someone screamed his former rumored girlfriend Athena Chu Yan's CHINESE ODYSSEY character name. He remained serious and did not respond.

In recent years Sing Yeh focused on behind the scene work, which was regrettable to many film viewers. Sing Yeh said, "Actually I still can be an action director. I have practiced kung fu since I was little, I am interested in martial arts. In all of my movies I would participate in action director work." Ma Yun immediately grabbed him to practice Tai Chi.

Ma Yun praised Sing Yeh, "Chinese people have two things that they have to watch, one is Chow Sing Chi movies, the other is Jin Yong (Louis Cha) novels. The rest can all be passing clouds." 2,000 viewers applauded and cheered. Sing Yeh said that he thought about asking Ma Yun to play the Monkey King. "I want to ask Ma Yun to make a movie, he could play whatever he wants. Whichever actress he would like to work with I would try to get. I feel JOURNEY TO THE WEST is the perfect movie, the only regret is Ma Yun didn't play the Monkey King."

In JOURNEY OF THE WEST, the original "10000 year limit" has now become "10000 years are too long, just fight for the moment". Sing Yeh lamented particularly, "I don't have much time, I need to fulfill many dreams in the fastest speed." Ma Yun agreed, "Dream realization now not only needs the best creativity, but also excellent teams and persisting hard work. However it can only be just talks and empty dreams."

No comments:

Post a Comment