Wednesday, April 9, 2014

[2014.04.10] KARA WAI WANTS TO WIN

courtesy of on.cc

The 33rd Hong Kong Film Award will take place Sunday. This year's Best Supporting Actress nominee Kara Wai Ying Hung two nights ago went to Tsim Sha Tsui to hug the giant Hong Kong Film Award for good luck.

Admitting that she wanted to win every time she was nominated,Sister Siu Hung said that this time was the same way. "I am very excited. If I have a real award to bring home, of course it would be better than hugging a fake award! This year I want to win too, I don't like to say anything false; like on tests I want to get high scores. If I really win an award I would treat everyone to dinner." Sister Siu Hung also praised her opponents and pointed out that this year she had zero pressure. "I am not as tense as before, I have no pressure at all. In 2010 when I got Best Actress again, the pressure was so enormous that I was much thinner."

As for the Best Supporting Actress nomination two years ago, Siu Hung revealed that she felt that she contributed to the film but did not win. Naturally she was disappointed. "Earlier when I made WU XIA I felt like I had to win, for someone 52 year old to make a fight scene several thousand feet above sea level it was such an accomplishment. However I was still disappointed." As for what she would wear this year, Sister Siu Hung kept it confidential. Instead she said that she picked her film's director Juno Mak Chun Lung to win New Director.

No comments:

Post a Comment