Thursday, August 5, 2010

[2010.08.06] KWAI LUN-MEI CHALLENGES ACTION FILM

courtesy of singtao.com

courtesy of mingpao.com

Taiwan star Kwai Lun-Mei who has always had a pristine image in the new film THE STOOL PIGEON (SIN YUN) made a breakthrough and played a mob boss' girlfriend. She also had a peck with one of the male leads Nicholas Tse Ting Fung. Kwai Lun-Mei expressed that if the story required it she absolutely would not mind even more passionate kiss scenes or even bed scene. She absolutely was willing to make the sacrifice for art.

Taiwan star Kwai Lun-Mei earlier came to Hong Kong to promote THE STOOL PIGEON, in which she played mob boss Lu Yi's girlfriend and also had a relationship with Tse Ting Fung. She said, "This time the character is different, with both dramatic and action scenes. She isn't like SECRET (BUT NUNG SHUET DIK BEI MUK)'s sweet girl and would roar a lot." She also said that she had a kiss scene with Ting Fung but it was not too passionate.

Reportedly Ting Fung turned down bed scenes due to his wife Cecilia Cheung Pak Chi. Kwai Lun-Mei said, "I am not certain how he communicated with the director. The first draft had it, but I too felt a bed scene wouldn't be right for that moment. A kiss scene would be more reasonable." After working with Ting Fung she realized that he was very hard working and serious. Her eyes were opened. Did she mind bed scenes herself? She said, "I wouldn't mind if I have chemistry with the co-star." Kwai Lun-Mei said that this time the fight scenes were a lot of fun and she did not think they were tough. She said, "After the shoot I was bruised, my kneecap was swollen, my thigh infected, but I had a lot of fun from it." Claiming to be tough, she was the type that would not spare herself when seeking a sense of achievement. Did she enjoy abusing herself? She joked, "When I was done I was so excited. Since I have the chance, if I didn't do it I would have lost the chance."

As for her new film co-stars, Kwai Lun-Mei praised Nick Cheung Ka Fai as warm. Fearing that she might be lonely, he would ask her to go to dinner together. Kwai Lun-Mei's Taiwan director and actor boyfriend Leon Dai Lap Yan has said that he would make a movie with her when he won the Best Director Award at the 10th Chinese Film Media Award. Kwai Lun-Mei said that he still has not asked her yet. Lately they have been busy and have not seen each other in a long time. Would she play coy when they have a disagreement? She said, "I keep work and life very separate. I have been in the business for 10 years. I have never argued with the director."

No comments:

Post a Comment