Sunday, August 15, 2010

[2010.08.15] NICK CHEUNG: THE COMPLETE SET OF AWARDS WOULD BE THE BEST

courtesy of singtao.com

Nick Cheung Ka Fai after winning THE BEAST STALKER (JING YUN) Best Actress worked with director Dante Lam Chiu Yin and Nicholas Tse Ting Fung again on the new film THE STOOL PIGEON (SIN YUN) to tell a story between the police and the informant. Cheung Ka Fai and Tse Ting Fung also switched characters to play the great challenge of psychological and moral choices.

As the cop, Cheung Ka Fai felt that both the character and the story were new challenges. He looked forward to the abuse that the director provided for a long time. Cheung Ka Fai said, "I waited for this day to come for a long time, like waiting for how he would torture me. I have confidence in the the director, we have a bond long ago. Without
much explanation we can get together and work. The character also enables me to perform to the extreme, how the decisions of psychology and humanity guide another person. I rather enjoy various challenges of this collaboration."

Speaking of the bed scene, Cheung Ka Fai honestly said that before the shoot he did not tell his wife Esther Kwan Wing Ho. When his wife provided her voice for one of the characters and saw this scene she did not ask about it. Cheung Ka Fai said, "My wife saw this bed scene and had
a very human response, but in the end she did not speak up. She understands my job, I don't have to explain."

STOOL had many action scenes, handling these scenes were not the most difficult part for Lam Chiu Yin. He said, "To me the hardest was coming up with the story at first, what message to express through the film. This film is not a continuation of THE BEAST STALKER. The story, characters are different, without any shade at all. Instead the subject was in my mind before making THE BEAST STALKER."

With the popularity of the 3D technology, many Hong Kong directors have contacts with and plans to make 3D movies. Yet to Lam Chiu Yin, he would rather movies with great degree of freedom. he said, "I like movies that are freer. Because 3D movies in Hong Kong still have technological restrictions, it is not yet in a mature stage. Computer generated special effects would also have a lot of conditions to bear." Cheung Ka Fai honestly said that STOOL was a movie that the cast and crew made together with sincerity and serious attitude. As for his confidence of winning another award, he said, "I am confident, but I can't just say I would win and win. Most important is that the audience likes it. I pick Ting Fung to win an award, Liu Kai Chi's performance is also great. Of course the director should not be overlooked. The best would be winning the entire set."

As for director Lam Chiu Yin, he believed in destiny's arrangement. "I have been in film for years, with or without an award it's the same. The greatest satisfaction comes from being recognized. The influence of word of mouth is also very important to the film. I too hope the Mainland would have 200 million box office."

No comments:

Post a Comment