Sunday, August 29, 2010

[2010.08.30] NICK CHEUNG IS THE PRIDE OF HONG KONG FILM

courtesy of singtao.com

courtesy of mingpao.com

courtesy of takungpao.com

Nick Cheung Ka Fai earlier with THE BEAST STALKER (JING YUN) at the Changchun Film Festival won Best Actor. Yesterday Ka Fai returned home. Winning his sixth Best Actor award with the film, Ka Fai honestly said that for now he would not increase his rate. Boss Albert Yeung Sau Sing would have to be asked about the rate increase and at the same time it would depend on the market reaction.

Ka Fai with BEAST won the Hong Kong Film Award, Golden Horse, Asia Pacific Film Festival, Excellent Chinese Film Award and Hong Kong Film Critic Society Best Actor. Along with Changchun Best Actor this time, Ka Fai has been crowned six times and broken all Hong Kong film industry record. Yesterday Ka Fai returned to Hong Kong. He could not hide his joy and kissed the award per reporters' request. Ka Fai looked excited. "Director (Dante) Lam Chiu Yin once urged me to call him right away once the results were announced. As soon as I got off stage I called the director. He was very happy. Because this time took place one every two years, the competition was accumulated over two years!" He said that this time the Changchun Best Actor was his first Mainland award with BEAST, thus he felt very excited.

Ka Fai said that the BEAST success not only proved that the film was recognized but also added confidence to the current release THE STOOL PIGEON (SIN YUN). He said, "Last year the award I won in Korea was a special mention prize, not a Best Actor award. Thus actually I only won six Best Actor. However the number isn't the issue. The recognition in every region is very exciting for me." Ka Fai felt honored that a Hong Kong film was able to win so many awards. He honestly said that he was not numb yet and joked that he was "shaking all over from the inside job". He said, "On stage my heart beat faster. Even though it didn't show on camera, my heart was a stormy sea." As for celebration, Ka Fai stated that last night he would watch THE STOOL PIGEON alone. "I know the film made 3 million over 3 days. Although originally I was a date with my wife to see it, I can't wait to see it first!"

Speaking of breaking all Hong Kong film industry record with his sixth Best Actor award, Ka Fai was happy. He said, "With six time Best Actor title always around, I don't want it to become a burden. Because I am me, I won't change a lot. It is just a beautiful memory!" Did he feel like he was floating on air? He said, "Do you think so? When I am risking my life I am like this too." As for a rate increase, Ka Fai immediately said to ask boss Yeung Sau Sing. He said, "This is market determined. If the market wants an increase then it happens. Market reaction is important!"

No comments:

Post a Comment