Tuesday, August 10, 2010

[2010.08.11] NICK CHEUNG THROWS CAUTION TO THE WIND FOR AN ONE TAKE BED SCENE

courtesy of singtao.com

courtesy of takungpao.com

Nick Cheung Ka Fai has been busy with his new film THE STOOL PIGEON (SIN YUN)'s promotion. Hoping this performance will surpass the previous film THE BEAST STALKER (JING YUN), he even threw caution to the wind for this film as he shot a passionate bed scene with a sexy actress. After years in business, Ka Fai rarely made bed scenes. He said, "I was under the impression that I didn't have a decent bed scene. In the past they were mostly comedic, without any sexy passion to speak of."

As for the obvious "benefit" from the director, he honestly said that it was no delight because he still liked to play inner emotional scenes. Speaking of that bed scene, Ka Fai still looked embarrassed. He said, "I am sweating just from thinking about it. Ultimately I wasn't familiar with the actress. In order to finish it faster, before places she and I already communicated about where I would touch her. After I ensured that everyone was in agreement, then I dared to make it. As a professional actor, if you have to perform then you have to give your all to your performance. Thus I let myself go in this bed scene, the director accepted the first take." Ka Fai also said that over the years he had his wife's support and absolute trust, thus before the bed scene he would tell his wife first. As an actress she too was very understanding.

Director Dante Lam Chiu Yin praised Ka Fai's bed scene performance as open and natural. He said that this bed scene was very important to the story development, thus it was necessary. However he was worried that Ka Fai would turn it down due to family. After Ka Fai knew the bed scene had to be done, he agreed without any hesitation. It made him admire Ka Fai's professionalism even more and more pleased to work with this type of actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment