Tuesday, March 1, 2011

[2011.03.02] WAI YING HUNG SCARES CRYSTAL LIU

Wai Ying Hung has a gentle side with Crystal Liu Yifei
courtesy of takungpao.com

Director Wilson Yip Wai Shun's remake of A CHINESE GHOST STORY (SIN NUI YAU WON) had Louis Koo Tin Lok and Crystal Liu Yifei to play Yin Chet Ha and Nip Siu Sin to add to the romance. Although the film was an all new adaptation and differed from the previous films, a few soul characters remained. For example great actress Wai Ying Hung played the memorable Tree Demon this time.

The Tree Demon and Siu Sin's relationship was close and had many scenes together. Liu Yifei this time also worked with Wai Ying Hung for the first time. At first she was obviously a little nervous. "Sister Siu Hung went to make up and prepare as soon as she arrived on the set. As soon as I started acting with her, I truly was somewhat afraid and had a little pressure too. Luckily I didn't have bad take due to fear!" Instead Wai Ying Hung who was used to playing villains was quite at ease, sometimes permitting Siu Sin to lie in her embrace while at other times she would yell at her and beat her. Sister Siu Hung said, "In the film I had to play kind to coax Siu Sin into seducing some men, but if she went against my will she definitely would suffer. Because I thought whether actors or viewers would fear me, so before the shoot I became serious. With the make up and fake nails they truly were afraid of me."

The director also said that Sister Siu Hung as the Tree Demon truly could not be more fitting. "When she is mean sometimes even I am scared, but off screen Sister Siu Hung actually is very nice. Sometimes she would provide some suggestions to us. In addition with her on the set, she covered most of the afternoon tea!"

No comments:

Post a Comment