Wednesday, January 2, 2013

[2013.01.03] JACKIE CHAN DOES NOT MIND THE CALL FOR BOYCOTT

courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of mingpao.com

Jackie Chan yesterday with the Outdoor Shop donated 500 down jackets to the Yau Ma Tei Salvation Army headquarters for those in need. He also gave away film tickets to seniors. Today he will donate another 10,000 down jackets to the Hebei province for charity.

After Jackie Chan made anti-democracy comments earlier, former student movement leader Wang Dan called for a boycott of his film CZ12 (SUP YI SUN CHIU) and began a war of words with Jackie Chan fans. Jackie Chan said, "Please don't be this way, everyone has the freedom of speech. Everyone can disagree with my opinion, and I would respect other people's opinions." He was not worried about CZ12's box office and even boasted, "My movie made 600 million in the Mainland, just yesterday it made 53 million. It is also the Southeast Asia box office champion, which anyone should be able to look up. I don't know how much it made in Hong Kong. Everyone has the right to watch me or not watch me, I don't care."

On New Year's Day Hong Kong continued to have protest march. Jackie Chan declined to comment. "What about you? What do you think? Don't magnify one line to attract people's eyeballs." He revealed that he will make the film POLICE STORY 2013 (GAING CHAT GOO SI 2013) with a yet to be determined cast. Will he ask the recently single Maggie Cheung Man Yuk to guest star? Jackie Chan said, "She is broken up again? I haven't seen her in a long time. I want to take her to dinner. Great, I will ask her about the collaboration."

No comments:

Post a Comment