Tuesday, July 9, 2013

[2103.07.10] SIMON YAM WANTS TO DIRECT AGAIN WITH QI QI AS A PRETTY GHOST

courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
Simon Yam's wife Qi Qi supports her husband's directing debut
Maggie Siu, Wai Ying Hung, Simon Yam
courtesy of mingpao.com

Simon Yam Tat Wa's directing debut TALES FROM THE DARK (MAI LEI YEH) two nights ago held its premiere in Mongkok. Aside from live people in offering doll disguises for atmosphere, the film's actors Maggie Siu Mei Kei, Lo Hoi Pang, Susan Shaw Yam Yam and others attended. Qi Qi even made an appearance to support her husband and helped with giving away laisee to people. Friend Wai Ying Hung also dressed up in support and gave Yam Tat Wa a passionate hug to cheer him on.

Yam Tat Wa revealed that during the shoot she scared Qi Qi for 30 days. He joked, "This time I brought my wife to scare her, I also want to see the audience reaction. During the shoot I already scared her for 30 days, at the time I was distracted. In the middle of the night I would go out to the garden to think about what angles I would use for the shoot tomorrow. I was so paranoid that I was possessed, she even thought I was sleepwalking. (Do you have any box office expectation?) I didn't think too much about it, I hope for 8 million yuan, with which I would be pleased already. It's more conservative." Would the film consider a sequel? Brother Wa revealed that he already read two Lillian Lee Bik Wa novels and currently it is in discussion. If confirmed, he might ask his wife and her model friends to guest star and for his wife to play the prettiest ghost. (Will your daughter also guest star?) No, I hope when she will direct she will work with me. She also asked me why I wasn't making children movies!"

Siu Mei Kei lately has been caught on dates with her boyfriend Vinz Sze Cho Nam. Are they already married? Siu Mei Kei joked, "Not yet today, not yet tomorrow either because I will have to work tomorrow. Work comes first for everyone. (Has her boyfriend already proposed?) Even if he did I wouldn't tell you, the question is so hard to answer. (Are you waiting for your boyfriend to save up enough for marriage?) Great! Great!"

Siu Mei Kei immediately changed the subject. Actually she was to take part in the TVB series that injured Steven Ma Chun Wai. She said, "Luckily he won't need surgery. The face is very important for an actor. I once injured my head for work. When I made the film ELECTION (HAK SEH WUI) Brother Wa had to kill me with a rock. Because there was no prop rock, Brother Wa finally used a real one to act with. I still had to take a few shots. Afterward when I got home I realized that I was bruised. Mommy immediately dragged me to see a doctor."

No comments:

Post a Comment