Sunday, October 20, 2013

[2013.10.21] LAU CHING WAN BEATS MICHELLE YE BLACK AND BLUE


Nina Paw (third left) has to slap Lau Ching Wan for her daughter Michelle Ye
courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
Lau Ching Wan and Huang Xiaoming are nice guys who would not hit women off screen 
Michelle Ye pulls up her sleeve to show her bruises
courtesy of mingpao.com

Sean Lau Ching Wan, Huang Xiaoming, Alex Fong Chung Shun, Michelle Ye (Yip Shuen), Fiona Sit Hoi Kei, Nina Paw Hee Ching, Michelle Wai Si Nga, Bonnie Xian (Sin Sik Lai), Paulyn Sun Kai Kwan and others yesterday attended the Derek Yee Tung Sing and Law Chi Leung produced, Lee Kuan Yew directed film INSANITY (BO FUNG YU) wrap press conference. Ching Wan in the film played a schizophrenia patient who beat his on screen wife Yip Shuen to death and even tossed her out to the streets; Ching Wan was unwilling to even think about really hitting Yip Shuen during the shoot. Yip Shuen pulled up her right sleeve and bruises could still be seen clearly. Ching Wan pointed out that this time was the first time he hit a woman in his film career and it would be his last time. From now on he would not do it again. Ching Wan said, "I am very afraid of hitting people, especially women; I feel very uneasy inside. Not only in real life I have never hit a woman, I have never done it either on film. This scene took 4 days to shoot, every time I would ask Yip Shuen to use more padding because I couldn't hold back. Showing mercy would make the scene not realistic enough. After every shot I would feel where the pads were on his body, as I was very afraid of hurting her. Earlier she and I worked on another film and I kicked her."

"Mother in law" Paw Hee Ching slapped Ching Wan on her daughter's behalf. When asked if she was the "Bus 14 Hong Kong Mother", Sister Paw said, "No, but I didn't want a bad take. So I could just hit for real."

Huang Xiaoming said that during the shoot the enormous pressure made him ask why he was alive, why he worked hard and kept working hard. He was very stressed and once suspected that he was depressed. He called his manager to throw a tantrum and complain. He said, "No one pay any attention to me, I could say that I was very in character. Everyday I was crazy and mad like this. (Would you throw a tantrum with your girlfriend Angelababy Yaing Ying?) I swear that I wouldn't yell at or hit women in my life."

Paired with Xiaoming in the film, Fiona admitted, "Seeing Xiaoming is like looking into a mirror and seeing the horrifying look of when I had depression. I kept a diary, now looking back I thought I was very scary back then. (Did you loan it to Xiaoming to help him with the character?) It's very private, only those who have known me for more than 10 years could."

No comments:

Post a Comment