Thursday, September 16, 2010

[2010.09.17] CARINA LAU SWEARS TO DEFEAT TONY LEUNG

Carina Lau Ka Ling in her new cosmetic ad
courtesy of singtao.com

Shao Bing, Jiang Wen, Carina Lau Ka Ling, Liao Fan
courtesy of takungpao.com

Chow Yun Fat, Ge You, Jiang Wen, Carina Lau Ka Ling, Chen Kun, Zhou Yun and others starred in the 2010 holiday film LET THE BULLETS FLY, which held a promotional season launch press conference in Beijing on the 16th. Director Jiang Wen was full of confidence as he said, "With (Ge) You and (Chow Yun) Fat, I don't dare to expect how much it would make." Ka Ling predicted that this film to be this year's Mainland box office champion. Without any fear of Tony Leung Chiu Wai's holiday film THE GRANDMASTERS (YUT DOI JUNG SI), Lau Ka Ling said, "I am very willing to defeat him!"

When asked about his box office expectation, Jiang Wen very confidently said, "LET THE BULLETS FLY has Ge You and Chow Yun Fat. In the past others said a movie was 'neither excellent nor rich' or 'neither rich nor excellent'. Our film has (Ge) 'You' (excellent) and (Chow Yun) 'Fat' (rich), I still don't dare to think how much it would make." Ka Ling also described her relationship with the three great Best Actors, Ka Ling said, "It was a lot of fun! The three of them are very unique and very charismatic actors. I always liked to watch Ge You and Jiang Wen, as for Fat Gor he has always been my idol." Her only regret was her role in the film was "on the small side". "In addition I basically didn't have scenes with Fat Gor." If she would still be able to make a Jiang Wen film next time, she would like to "rob" Jiang Wen. "I feel that would be even more fun."

A reporter asked Lau Ka Ling to predict LET THE BULLETS FLY box office. Lau Ka Ling confidently said, "Definitely this year's best." What if GRAND MASTER made the holiday slot? "First, I felt GRAND MASTER wouldn't make it. Wong Kar Wai's film production is truly too slow. Even if it would make it, I would be very glad to defeat them. I believe Wong Kar Wai would gladly watch the character that I create to be very successful."

No comments:

Post a Comment