Friday, July 5, 2013

[2103.07.05] DADA CHAN CATCHES UP ON ENGLISH


courtesy of on.cc

Yesterday DaDa Chan Jing appeared at the airport to fly to New York for its Asian Film Festival. Earlier due to her less than fluent English, DaDa became the laughing stock. On this trip she brought along English books so she could catch up and make up for past embarrassments.

DaDa said that she brought 10 sets of clothing in hopes of being at her best every second. She even joked to take the chance to run into Jay Chou (Chow Kit Lun). DaDa said, "I know Chow Kit Lun's THE ROOFTOP will be the closing film, so I very much look forward to running into him there. Then I will definitely take the chance to make more opportunities."

DaDa recently worked with Susan Shaw Yam Yam again on the film TALES FROM THE DARK (MAI LEI YEH) she performed in a Fruit Chan Gor directed segment. Two Hong Kong Film Award Best Supporting Actresses again set off sparks in the film. Sister Yam Yam praised DaDa's outstanding acting that opened her eyes. "She was born to be in our business. Working with such a young out of the oven Best Supporting Actress, I feel very fortunate. After Ah Mui (Anita Mui Yim Fong)'s passing, I haven't seen any actor who could play different characters. Working with her, I felt I got a lot of out of this life. I really like this script, in addition Chan Gor is the director. It absolutely is a Heaven sent chance." DaDa was very touched to receive Sister Yam Yam's praise. "I am very happy. Actually we interacted, without her my acting couldn't be brought out. Earlier we worked together on a comedy, this time is my new attempt."

In TALES FROM THE DARK, three thugs raped DaDa. She said that this scene was the most memorable. "At the time I was so scared that I cried. Because rape scenes ultimately involved physical contact, and it had to happen in such a small place like a car truck, I was bruised all over."

No comments:

Post a Comment