Sunday, December 31, 2023

[2024.01.01] CHERRY NGAN POSTPONES ACTION SCENE DUE TO LEG INJURY

Cherry Ngan's leg injury make wheelchair and crutches necessary.  The production team presents her with a belated birthday cake

Lam Yiu Sing and Ben Yuen agree maintaining the same condition for a long period is not easy
courtesy of mingpao.com

Cherry Ngan Cheuk Ling, Lam Yiu Sing, Ben Yuen Fu Wa, Deon Cheung Chung Chi and Hebe Chan Yuen Ting yesterday worked on the film NGOR YA SI (ME TOO) in Shek Kip Mei. With a leg injury, Ngan Cheuk Ling required a wheelchair and crutches to move around. She received a cake for her belated 30th birthday. She said that lately she has been rehearsing for her mid January play FEEL 100% 2024, with her share of singing and dancing. She would also have to carry a guy upstairs. She injured a ligament in her left foot and meniscus, putting her in pain once in awhile and giving her difficulty to put any weight on it was difficult. "Earlier I had MRI and found out that surgery was not needed. After the New Year I would have to see the doctor again and see how to treat it. I have already updated the condition and the team has been planning. The performance might have changes." She said that the film team also has made accommodations because of her condition, delaying her action scene shoots. Ngan Cheuk Ling earlier had to work on her birthday. After work she rested after celebrating with her family. Her birthday wish was for everyone to be good. Would she like to find a good relationship? She said, "I would wait for everyone to bless me. I haven't been dating, as I am learning to take care of myself and family."

Lam Yiu Sing and Yuen Fu Wa continuously worked on NGOR YA SI for 9 months. They felt that having to maintain the character condition was not easy, especially when Lam Yiu Sing played a rape suspect. Later he would have to shoot rape scenes with four or five women. He admitted that he was nervous. "I both love and hate the character, sometimes when the shoot got rough I wanted to leave it a little. I hope I can get off work earlier on New Year's Eve and go to the countdown with my girlfriend of two years to relax a bit." Yuen Fu Wa aside from making movies would also prepare for his March play CRIME AND PUNISHMENT. During the New Year he would have to read the script and would not dare to think about any entertainment. He thanked his wife for quietly keeping him company and supporting him.

No comments:

Post a Comment