Wednesday, December 13, 2023

[2023.12.13] SIMON YAM APOLOGIZES FOR HIS FILM'S OSCARS DISQUALIFICATION

courtesy of on.cc

Simon Yam's vote for A LIGHT NEVER GOES OUT disqualifies the film from the Oscars competition due to conflict of interest
courtesy of mingpao.com

The Sylvia Chang (Cheung Ngai Ga), Simon Yam Tat Wa, Henick Chou Hon Ning, and Cecilia Choi Sze Wan starred film A LIGHT NEVER GOES OUT (DUN FOR LAN SHAN) was announced in September to represent Hong Kong in competition for the 96th Oscars Best International Film category. However, the Federation of Motion Film Producers of Hong Kong, which was responsible for selecting the film for the competition earlier expressed in a statement that LIGHT unfortunately was notified by the Oscars that it would not be able to represent Hong Kong in the competition.

The Federation of Motion Film Producers of Hong Kong's chair Crucindo Hung Cho sing pointed out that after an investigation they discovered that during internal voting a conflict of interest appeared and the film was disqualified. The star of the film Yam Tat Wa yesterday was deeply sorry for LIGHT's actor voting for himself, leading to the film becoming unable to compete for the Oscars Best International Film. "A LIGHT NEVER GOES OUT s a movie I really like, each location has its own different rules of the game. I am wishing to apologize to A LIGHT NEVER GOES OUT's staff and colleagues. I am sorry, it was my mistake. I voted for A LIGHT NEVER GOES OUT, and I am very, very sorry; I would also like to apologize to the Federation of Motion Film Producers of Hong Kong because I voted for my own movie. I also apologize to all the friends who like movies."

No comments:

Post a Comment