Saturday, December 30, 2023

[2023.12.31] CHARLENE CHOI INVITES TONY LEUNG CHIU WAI TO ATTEND HER TWINS CONCERT

Tony Leung Chiu Wai's acting is so outstanding that he does not play by the rules, almost leaving Charlene Choi unable to follow

Felix Chong has learned a lot from the process of working with Tony Leung Chiu Wai
courtesy of on.cc

"Triple Golden Best Actor" Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Charlene Choi Cheuk Yin and director Felix Chong Man Keung on New Year's Eve looked forward to 2024. Wai Jai hoped to continue to make new attempts, the more he would work the more work he would have. Ah Sa although in love was "the giving type" like her character in the film, but she would not lose her senses. Her New Year's Wish was for the film to be a big hit, her concerts to be smooth. She even followed up by inviting Wai Jai to attend the show. She stated that she has not "thought about" any love wish.

Looking back in the past year, it could be considered a harvest year for Leung Chiu Wai. Aside from the Venice Film Festival Golden Lion Lifetime Achievement Award, he even became the first "Triple Golden" Best Actor (Hong Kong Film Awards, Golden Horse Awards, Golden Rooster Award). Speaking of 2024, he stated that he hoped to be able to run into more scripts like the Emperor Motion Picture THE GOLDFINGER (GUM SAU JI) and challenged characters that he extremely rarely played. "I wish the New Year could be like this, playing characters I wouldn't normally play; with more new attempts, of course I wish for good health too!"

In the film Ah Sa loved Wai Jai very much, willing to give up everything for him. Was she just as obsessed in real life? She said, "I am the giving type, as for would I sacrifice everything? I am very sensible, I feel no matter what I still have to be myself. I wouldn't be able to ignore everything and focus only on love. (What do you wish for the New Year?) I wish for the movie to be a big hit, the upcoming Twins concerts to be smooth. Good health is also important, very key to perform shows in this month. (What about love?) I haven't thought about it."

Many viewers was curious about how Wai Jai overcame "social phobia" to make movies, ultimately the set had many people. He personally answered, "I always feel the one making the movie isn't me! As soon as I do I would follow the character. (When the cameras stopped rolling would you need to hide?) No, I just don't know how to take along with people I am not familiar with." He also praised his co-star Ah Sa was talented and smart. Ah Sa pointed out that Wai Jai's acting was ever changing during the shoot. She had to stay alert to "follow". "During the shoot I was nervous, but not because I was working with him. I was nervous about my own performance. When I read the script I guessed that he would have 10 ways to perform, but he would always perform a 11th or 12th ones; that's good though, we can have variety." Earlier Wai Jai appeared at the team My Little Airport's concert, many online were surprised. Ah Sa smartly took the opportunity to hard sell her upcoming Twins concert. Wai Jai said, "If I would be in Hong Kong I would watch it!"

In addition, GOLD opened yesterday and as of 7 PM last night its box office has already exceeded HK$ 3.4 million to become the champion of the 2023 Christmas and New Year opening box office.

No comments:

Post a Comment