Tuesday, December 5, 2023

[2023.12.05] SIMON YAM WINS TWO ASIA PACIFIC FILM FESTIVAL HONORS

courtesy of on.cc

The 60th Asia Pacific International Film Festival award ceremony took place two nights ago in Macau. Hong Kong Best Actor Simon Yam Tat Wa won two awards, "Chinese Film Meritorious Figure Award" and "Film Festival Charity Ambassador"! As for Irene Wan Bik Ha's autobiographical film LONELY EIGHTEEN (NGOR MOON DIK SUP BAK SHUI) two nights ago received the "Most Tender Film Award".

Irene sincerely thanked everyone of the LONELY cast and crew for their effort and professionalism! Irene was very excited, "First I have to thank everyone of the LONELY EIGHTEEN team, then I want to thank Emperor Motion Pictures and my manager for their support all along. I also want to thank my husband Kenny for his unconditional support and giving me 100% freedom, encouraging and supporting what I want to do. I have to thank all of the friends in the media and the press for their continuous support over these years. Thank you very much everyone!"

LONELY EIGHTEEN was the third film that Irene personally produced. She hoped that her film office would continue to work with even more new directors and that Hong Kong film whether on or off screen would have even more new talent and good films. Irene said that after attending the award ceremony she would have to rush to Guangzhou for work. Then she would immediately return to Hong Kong and celebrate with company colleagues, her husband and a group of good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment