Monday, January 3, 2011

[2011.01.04] ANDY LAU TURNS INTO A LITTLE CONNIE CHAN FAN

courtesy of singtao.com


Karen Mok Man Wai
courtesy of mingpao.com

Connie Chan Bo Chu, Andy Lau Tak Wa, Yeung Tin King
courtesy of takungpao.com

Andy Lau Tak Wa's New Year Night concert invited Sandra Ng Kwan Yu and George Lam Chi Cheung as guests. Kwan Yu openly felt Wa Jai's six pack abs in front of over 10,000 viewers and joked that she had to "stamp collect" him. Ah Lam meanwhile came to collect a debt from Wa Jai.

Kwan Yu not only sang for Wa Jai but also display her comedy skills. She joked, "I really want to 'collect' you in front of 20,000 viewers. Last year the philatelic female star caused a storm in the city. I clarified that this person wasn't me, but today I really want to feel your six pack abs." Wa Jai satisfied her "beastly lust".

Kwan Yu also complained about how hard it was to get a ticket to the concert. She said, "The old man and the little brother both asked me to get tickets, but Wa Jai said that even he only had 12 tickets of the final show and could only give me five. My entire family has six people, so tonight I can only come up and let people see me!" Kwan Yu also revealed how thrifty Wa Jai was. "He only has one assistant, one car, only lives in a 1,000 square foot home, actually what are you leaving the money for? Why don't you leave some for me, I want to 'collect' your life saving!" Wa Jai pretended to be mad, took off his shoe and pretended to throw it at her. Kwan Yu joked, "Wow wow wow, have you seen Wa Jai's toes? It's a very rare opportunity!"

Ah Lam was Wa Jai's music benefactor. The first time he saw Wa Jai was as a dancer in a music video. He already thought this fat kid was pretty cute; then in 1982 while working on a movie in Hainan he told Wa Jai to try singing. Ah Lam said, "Wa Jai at the time said, if he really could, he could give me 40 cents out of every dollar he made. Do you remember? How many years have you been a singing star? You owe me so much, the math is worth doing!" Wa Jai said, "Really? Then from now on the money I make from singing, I give 40 bucks to Sister Deanie (Ip Tak Han), 40 bucks to you and 20 bucks for home!"

"Film Fan Princess" Connie Chan Bo Chu two nights ago appeared at Andy Lau Unforgettable Concert. Bo Chu fans already swept up the tickets long ago to invade the Hong Kong Coliseum, but they never expected Wa Jai to be a Bo Chu fan. When Wa Jai introduced Bo Chu he said, "She is my beloved idol, but later I become her son's idol!"

Later Bo Chu appeared with her son Yeung Tin King, and the cheer at the Hong Kong Coliseum was like thunder. Wa Jai continued, "I remember when I was little I already watched Sister Bo Chu's movies. At the time I lived in Hong Lok Yuen. Once Sister Bo Chu came and finally I was able to catch a glimpse of my idol!" A shaky Yeung Tin King said to Wa Jai, "You are my idol too, I have seen all your movies and heard all your songs!" Wa Jai saw how nervous he was and comforted him, "You don't need to say more! I felt how you feel a long time ago!" Wa Jai then embraced Bo Chu and said, "Back then when I invited Sister Bo Chu to be my guest, she said no. However actually this song can truly represent her!" Sister Bo Chu was very humble and said that her singing was in a kindergarten level, then she with her son sang STAR. Perhaps because Tin King was a Wa Jai super fan, his singing had a "Lau Wa" tune.

Karen Mok Man Wai two nights ago appeared in a polka dot tank top and a short dress, immediately rising the temperature at the venue. When she sang HEART SOURING LOVE SONG with Wa Jai they even danced intimately and wildly. Karen said, "Every time I run into Wa Jai on stage, I can turn very wild. The polka dots that I wear today represent love and caring."

After Lam Chi Cheung's memory test, Karen also tried the same trick. Luckily she did not come to collect any debt, but to take the chance to sing Wa Jai's praises. "Do you remember 18 years ago what you said to me?" Wa Jai frowned, "You are asking if I remember too?" Karen said, "Seemingly I don't remember, you left love everywhere (Wa Jai joked that actually he was not Lau Wa, but Lau Ching)......I remember when I just started in 1993, I was a complete unknown. Yet at a music award post celebration, Heavenly King Lau actually came to me and whispered in my ear, 'You keep it up, you can do it'. Do you know that those words were more important than any award, I would thank Wa Jai for a lifetime!"

No comments:

Post a Comment