Thursday, August 2, 2012

[2012.08.03] CHAPMAN TO REVEALS DADA CHEN DRAGS DOWN THE SHOOT




courtesy of on.cc

The Pang Ho Cheung directed, Chapman To Man Jat and DaDa Chen Jing starred new category III film VULGARIA (DAI JOOK HEI KET). Although the dialogue and story were extremely vulgar, the film was savory and funny. To Man Jat on and off camera made people hold their bellies from laughing. He said, "When Pang Ho Cheung told me I would have a bed scene with DaDa, I was in Heaven. How far did DaDa go in LAN KWAI FONG (HEI OI YE PO)! I never expected that actually she and I were acting in a sick bed, I really wanted to curse. I even found out that while DaDa was pretty and poking out, she actually didn't know how to hold chopsticks! She kept on having bad takes. The film took 12 days to shoot. If DaDa knew how to hold chopsticks, it would have been done in 8 days!"

DaDa whined and brown nosed after hearing. "I am more used to using the fork, so no matter how I hold chopsticks it wasn't right. I had to learn on the spot. Whatever, it's never to late to learn. I was very happy to see my idol during the shot, when I saw Ah Jat I was so nervous that I had bad takes. On the first day at work we were rocking cars, I wasn't embarrassed. This character really had potential, I was fully prepared mentally. (Were you prepared to be poking out?) The scene was at home so it was very natural!"

Director Pang Ho Cheung said, "The film took 12 days to complete, which is considered my record. I just wanted to make back that type of hilarious Hong Kong films of yore. Luckily without any censor cut it was released with a category III rating. (The sensitive subject kept it from the Mainland market.) That doesn't mean loss. The film cost 7 million to make, it can break even. Investors drive the Mainland market, it's very hard to make a purely Hong Kong film! You can't say the Mainland market was sacrificed. I can 100% display my creativity without being castrated, it's well worth it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment