Saturday, August 4, 2012

[2012.08.04] TONY LEUNG CHIU WAI DECLINES TO BE MAGGIE CHEUNG'S MATCHMAKER




Rose Chan
courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com

courtesy of mingpao.com

The 50 year old Best Actor Tony Leung Chiu Wai two nights ago attended THE SILENT WAR (TING FUNG JEH) premiere. Wai Jai was very sentimental. Looking back at his extreme and stubborn youth, he felt that he was both silly and dumb. Now he with his "happiness was the most important" life attitude would not feel any regret even without any descendant. He also lamented that his romantic road was just as rugged as former rumored girlfriend Maggie Cheung Man Yuk.

Leung Chiu Wai, Zhou Xun, and director Alan Mak Siu Fai's film THE SILENT WAR two nights ago held a premiere. Gossip couple Model Ma Mia Chen Jing Yi and Chrissie Chau Sau Na's boyfriend Avis, Rose Chan Ka Wun and Helen To Yu Fung all attended, but Wai Jai's wife Carina Lau Ka Ling did not appear.

Wai Jai pointed out that his wife Lau Ka Ling due to work has not have the chance to enjoy this film yet. He returned to Hong Kong for a few days to promote. In a few days he will head to Kaiping for THE GRANDMASTER (YUT DOI JUNG SI)'s additional shoot, he was so busy that he had no time to meet with friends. As for good friend Cheung Man Yuk's break up, Wai Jai said, "I only found out from the newspaper. She and I haven't seen each other in a long while, as she moves more swiftly. Actually not just her, even good friends like (Jacky) Cheung Hok Yau I normally wouldn't deliberate see." Is his marriage with Ka Ling sweet now? He continued, "Everyone is like this, life has many partings and unions. It's very normal." Did he have any "good property" to introduce to Maggie? He said, "No!"

As for director Mak Siu Fai's compliment that after marriage his personality has become easy going, Wai Jai said that it was related to getting older. "I don't have to too serious with everything. Now I have become much more relaxed. With my changes the pursuit is different too. After the 50th birthday this year, I realized that life should be happy. Looking back, I feel I was very silly. I was so stubborn, extreme, picky, life should be a bit happier. Yet this is definitely a part of life. Maybe I was dumb, but being late is unimportant. Happiness is the most important."

Would he regret that he has not have any descendant yet? Wai Jai said, "I feel no regret. Everyday I only remind myself, don't complain. The way it is is the way it is, it doesn't matter." He accepted that life had both gains and losses. His life view change benefited everyone around him. He said, "Now I want to make more movies with hope and happiness more than I want to make art drama films. After several decades of heavy movies, it's enough. I want to be happy, things have many prospectives."

Director Mak Siu Fai was rather confident in the film's box office because his earlier collaboration with Zhou Xun, THE MESSAGE, made 300 million yuan in the Mainland. Did Zhou Xun wanted to be a lucky star? Zhou Xun smiled and said, "That would be great!"

Speaking of his career personal total box office reaching 1.8 billion yuan RMB and was thus nicknamed "Zhou 18", she pointed out that such a good performance was unexpected. "Mak Siu Fai and Wai Jai both said that with such a good performance I could get a raise. I would consider it." Yet she pointed out that her worth was not 1.8 billion, otherwise I would be able to retire. She also would not due to her high career achievement raised the bar on what she looked for in a mate. Zhou Xun said, "My box office has nothing to do with looking for a boyfriend, let it takes its natural course. I wouldn't feel I am high up, I am so short in stature."

Would she try to meet a boyfriend during her time off? Zhou Xun said, "So soon?" Would she accept dating a foreigner? She said, "I don't know, I haven't tried it. I really don't know how to answer everyone's question!"

No comments:

Post a Comment