Thursday, September 2, 2010

[2010.09.02] NICK CHEUNG NO LONGER WANTS TO MAKE GAMBLING FILMS

courtesy of singtao.com

Nick Cheung Ka Fai, Esther Kwan Wing Ho
courtesy of takungpao.com

Nick Cheung Ka Fai yesterday appeared on a radio interview. Earlier Ka Fai won his seventh Best Actor at the Changchun Film Festival with THE BEAST STALKER (JING YUN). He honestly said that this film has been quite rewarding for him. He hoped to be able to make two to three movies a year, which would not be too tough. Would he return to make television series? Ka Fai said, "I can't take it. I heard (Raymond) Lam Fung's work schedule and I knew I can't take it." He would feel bad if the production adjusted to him. Years ago Ka Fai said that he did not like to make comedy. He clarified that it would make comedy, just not gambling films. He said, "I despise gambling. I don't like to gamble myself. I don't like to see dice or mahjong." Earlier he worked on a kung fu comedy with Nicholas Tse Ting Fung. He felt comedy was futile work. The audience would only felt it was fun after watching it and would not notice his acting. However the audience would seriously savor dramas.

No comments:

Post a Comment