Friday, August 9, 2013

[2013.08.10] LAW HO MING THANKS HIS LATE FATHER FOR HIS ENCOURAGEMENT

courtesy of on.cc

Martial Artist Law Ho Ming immigrated to Canada at age 9 and began studying martial arts at age 15. He excels in Taekwondo, mixed martial art, praying mantis fists and other styles. After graduating with a criminology degree from the Simon Fraser University. Because of his love for martial arts, in 2007 he went to Beijing to participate in Jackie Chan's disciple recruitment and officially joined the business. He said, "That year my Papa had terminal stage cancer. When I received the call to compete in Beijing, I turned it down because my Papa couldn't go. Before his passing Papa learned about this and encouraged me to go out and try, not to miss the opportunity. Finally the next day he passed away and the day after I went to compete in Beijing in hopes of not disappointing his expectation of me."

Although his run in the top 20, through a friend's recommendation Law Ho Ming returned to Hong Kong and participated in action film direction and performance. Earlier he participated in the Dante Lam Chiu Yin film UNBEATABLE (GIK JIN). He said, "The most memorable was the fight with (Eddie) Peng Yu-Yen. The director told me to keep chasing him to hit until the director yelled cut. Finally the director praised that everyone fought beautifully." Aside from on screen development, he also hoped to have a chance to be an action director to give him more dimensions in his development.

No comments:

Post a Comment