Saturday, September 10, 2011

[2011.09.11] MYOLIE WU AND DENSIE HO VIE FOR PREMIERE ATTENTION

courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of takungpao.com

LIFE WITHOUT PRINCIPLE (DUET MING GUM) charges into the 68th Venice Film Festival and held its premiere.  Famous Mainland director Jia Zhangke and this year's Best Actress hopeful Deanie Ip Tak han attended.  Director Johnnie To Kei Fung led Lau Ching Wan, Denise Ho Wan Si and Myolie Wu Hung Yi in attendance and even received a ten minute long applause from the audience.  Another lead Richie Jen (Yam Yin Chai) due to work was absent, but Siu Chai still cheered everyone on online.

This premiere attracted over 100 reporters from around the world.  Ho Wan Si and Wu Hung Yi even dressed up for the occasion.  Ching Wan and his wife Amy Kwok Oi Ming held hands on the red carpet.  At her first international film festival, Ah Si said, "I am truly very excited because I have the chance to be at such a grand international film festival.  The clothes that I am wearing also makes me very happy.  Because a co-worker at the company always ask me to wear a back revealing dress for her, this time is considered a reply to her request.  I also feel it is very right for me."

As the film opened the audience saw the director's Milky Way Image logo and already cheered continuously, which made To Sir who was at his fourth Venice Film Festival appearance very happy.  He already stated that he would not make a "double ending" for the Mainland market and said that Mainland viewers could visit Hong Kong and watch it.  He even said that the new film somewhat imitated Mainland director Jia Zhangke's style, no wonder Director Jia arrived early.  After the screening, the audience gave a ten minute standing ovation.  The cast stood up and returned the favor.  The director even turned around and bowed to the audience in appreciation.  Later everyone left to attend other events.  After days of intense schedule, Wu Hung Yi said, "I am very thankful that this time I had the chance to work on To Sir's film, which gave me the chance to be at such a grand film festival.  I am truly very happy."  Ah Si said, "After making To Sir's film I really feel very happy because I already saw through him.  Everyone thought or heard To Sir was very mean director, actually he was just pretending to be."  To Sir joked, "You saw through me so soon?  Then I wouldn't dare to ask you to make another film again."

No comments:

Post a Comment