Thursday, September 29, 2011

[2011.09.30] ZHANG ZIYI CALLS LEON LAI GOSSIP ABSURD


courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of takungpao.com

2011 FIRST youth film festival two nights ago took place at the Xinning Qinghai University.  Zhang Ziyi with LOVE FOR LIFE (JUI OI) won Best Actress again and the "the Chinese filmmaker with the most international university student attention".  Daniel Wu (Ng Yin Cho) with OVERHEARD 2 (SIT TING FUNG WON 2) defeated SHAOLIN (SUN SIU LUM JI) and DETECTIVE DEE AND THE MYSTERY OF THE PHANTOM FLAME (DIK YUN KIT ji TUNG TIN DAI GOK)'s Andy Lau Tak Wa to win Best Actor.  In the Best Actress category, Zhang Ziyi had over 30,000 votes more than second place Fan Bingbing.

This event hoped through young university student exchanges to discover even more new filmmakers.  When jury members and guest presenters Teddy Chan Tak Sum and Guan Hu presented the award to Zhang Ziyi, she humorously said, "I too just ended my summer vacation.  I am preparing to start school with my course DANGEROUS LIAISON, thank you everyone for your recognition and high grade of my course last year LOVE FOR LIFE.  I hope very much to have the chance to work with young directors in the future.  I too hope that I will be able to provide them with an even better platform, for young filmmakers with ideas in China to be able to display their own stage."  At the same time she again won the "Chinese filmmaker with the most international university student attention".  She took a deep breath, carried that heavy "brick", smiled and said, "Tonight all the friends who won said that this award was heavy like a brick.  I too told friends that this could be called the 'youth film golden brick award'.  I volunteer to be the best spokesperson."

Ziyi also said, "Among Chinese actresses I have to the one who have been beaten with bricks the most and the most viciously.  Yet I want to tell everyone, as long as you still have a breath, as long as you haven't been beaten to death, you have to bravely stand up and happily run toward your goal and your dream."  This self ridicule won the cheers and the applause of the entire venue.  Later reporters asked her about her gossip with Leon Lai Ming.  She said, "It's absurd.  I hope from now on people will keep making up stories for me, after fooling reporters they can fool me."

No comments:

Post a Comment