Sunday, February 10, 2013

[2013.02.11] JOYCE CHENG TAKES OVER FOR HER MOTHER

courtesy of mingpao.com

Joyce Cheng Yun Yi starred in the Lunar New Year film I LOVE HONG KONG 2013 (2013 NGOR OI HK GUNG HEI FAT CHOI). Her character Chu Yuk Yuen looked just like the younger version of Fei Jeh Lydian Shum Din Ha. Yun Yi admitted that she watched her mother's work for research. "This time is a 70s movies, I studied TEDDY GIRLS (FEI NUI JING JUEN)'s accent, diction and slang. However my character has no modern version so I don't have to be like anyone. With the wig and glasses people would think of Mama. I thought about saluting Fei Jeh but I felt the age wasn't right. Actually it's pretty hard for me to impersonate Mommy because I have never looked at Mommy through 'a viewer's eyes'. In addition Mommy is very lovable, but I am quite a tomboy. I have an easier time with impersonating (Kate) Tsui Tsz Shan."

Reportedly she gained weight for this film and once had two rice boxes. Yun Yi said, "I wasn't deliberately gaining weight, I only wanted to be better for the comedy. (Eric) Tsang Chi Wai didn't suggest it either. I admitted I was a little loose, but I didn't have two rice boxes. Now I am losing weight for the record cover. Actually when I reached a certain weight my skin started to deteriorate. That report had motivational purposes and (Shirley) Cheung Yuk Shan has been very supportive of me. I am still the spokesperson, I have a responsibility (toward the slimming company)." She hoped to lose to 120 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment