Monday, October 10, 2016

[2016.10.11] ERIC TSANG WANTS HIS SON TO WIN

courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of on.cc

Eric Tsang Chi Wai yesterday attended an organ donation event. Jaime Chik Mei Chun was one of the guests but Chi Wai said that she did not feel well and did not attend.

Chi Wai was nominated for the Golden Horse Best Supporting Actor award with the film MAD WORLD (YUT LIM MO MING). His son Derek Tsang Kwok Cheung was SOUL MATE was nominated for Best Director. Chi Wai said that three nights ago he and his son, a group of young writers and directors celebrated. On the 13th both films will be screened at the Hong Kong Asian Film Festival, then they will celebrate more. Chi Wai happily said, "It's better for my son to win than me. Last night I just told (Tony) Leung Ka Fai that it doesn't matter to me anymore. We will form a tour to Taiwan to attend the Golden Horse Award."

As for Kwok Cheung's choice to direct, Chi Wai agreed with his son. "Directing is his dream, but at first I urged him to act. Directors at most can only visit other people's sets, but actors can watch what the directors shoot and learn a few tricks." Will he work with his son on another film? Chi Wai said, "Let's see if he will bring me! Lately many people call to congratulate me, but then they ask if they would have a chance to work with my son? He finally "graduated from 'society university'. He doesn't need me to worry anymore!" Will he have daughter in law tea? Chi Wai said, "It doesn't matter, I can go anywhere. There is no need to do all that!" If Kwok Cheung wins will he announce his wedding on the stage? Chi Wai said that he truly did not know.

Yesterday would have been his late friend Anita Mui Yim Fong's birthday. Chi Wai said that if the media did not mention it he would have forgotten. He lamented, "It's 13 years already. Even the memorial night that Hok Yau and I held for her was already 3 years ago. Time truly passes by so fast. I almost forgot!" Would he be reminded of some memories of the past? Chi Wai said, "The most important for people is good health, of course the Hong Kong music industry truly lost a lot of luster without Ah Mui and Gor Gor!"

No comments:

Post a Comment